Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

X-Box 360 esssentials?

ok for christmas, im getting £500 and i just wanted to know what i NEED to have for the xbox 360, as thats my main present choice =D

i currently have on my list: console, controller, 2 games, external hard drive. if there's anything i need, please tell me.

Enthusiast

Are you getting a premium pack or a core pack? Premium will get you wireless controllers and a big HD.

External hd for 360 is kind of a weird term because 360 HDs can be taken in and out all the time.

For games, get Gears of War and Dead Rising.

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

Dedicated Member
    i think the core pack is what im getting, and i dont even know what the hard drive is used for in the x box :P

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by hotari
    i think the core pack is what im getting, and i dont even know what the hard drive is used for in the x box :P
    The xbox hard drive is used for the same thign a computer's hard drive is used for. You save your games on it, etc. etc. etc.

naw...Dead Rising is hard... one point saving system wth?! I would reccomend getting king kong the videogame and a new controller the xbox 360 orignal controller always has stuck buttons (B Button gets stuck when you press it etc)

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Death The Reaper
    naw...Dead Rising is hard... one point saving system wth?! I would reccomend getting king kong the videogame and a new controller the xbox 360 orignal controller always has stuck buttons (B Button gets stuck when you press it etc)
    My controller experience was fine, but Hotari, the wireless controllers are very nice to have.

An offtopic sidenote about King Kong game: it tells you what to do everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by king kong game
    Press A to jump here. Press X to climb these vines. Press A to shoot this guy.
    Obviously that was a bit unrealistic but that's the reason I don't like King Kong. Things popping up everywhere telling you what to do.[/quote]

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkw
    Press A to shoot this guy.
    heh...

anyway, i had king kong for the ps2 and it wasnt for me =|
    if this: (wireless pads (thanks jeff) hard drive, console, and dead rising + any other) is all i need, this topic can be closed. thanks for help.

Quote Originally Posted by hotari
    I wouldn't get the core pack. The premium comes with the xbox live ready and all that stuff. Also the hard drive alone is $100 which I don't really know how much in pounds that is but in USD it's a lot for the hard drive. If you get the premium pack, your basically getting a deal. For games I would get Gears of War, Halo 2 if you don't have it already (xbox live for halo 2 is awesome), Project 8, and maybe a cool game like test drive or fusion frenzy 2 because it's coming out soon. Superman Returns is also an awesome game for the 360.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Gears of War. Thats it. Srsly, that is all you need for hours of fun. I would also suggest a wireless controller, they are a little more, but it is so nice.

Dedicated Member
    so does the hard drive come with the premium pack or...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast