Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Command & Conquer: Renegade

Well, I've been showing this to a few people, and I decided to start a thread for you DD-goers who don't use MSN

If you don't feel like reading all of this, I bolded important things so you can find what you're looking for.

The C&C games mostly go by an odd type of game-style.
    As shown HERE

But Renegade is the only (So far) first person shooter that they've made. YOu can go into a store and buy this game for all of the super cool features and whatnot, or you can get the demo! For free!

The demo doesn't expire in a month, it lasts forever, there's only one map to play on, but it's still a load of fun.

The object of the game is to destroy the other team's base. Everyone has base defenses, there are even tunnels for sneak attacks. There's vehicles, stealth units, this game is just great.

Now I'll tell you how to get the demo, and everyone always asks, so I'll say it again. It's FREE.

You must get Gamespy to be able to access the servers, and obviously, you must get Renegade[Demo] to actually play. To get Gamespy;

1. You must go to http://www.gamespyarcade.com/
    2. Click the picture that says "DOWNLOAD NOW!"
    3. Click on "Basic [Ad-supported]" (Btw, that doesn't mean pop-ups, that just means advertisements come on the program telling you to subscribe and crap)
    4. Your download for Gamespy Arcade should now start.
    5. Once downloaded, to make a username, there's should be something at the login screen saying "Login Wizard." You should be able to figure it out from there.

Now, since you have Gamespy, you want to play the demo of C&C: Renegade, right?
    Here's how you get the demo; [You must have Gamespy to do this]

1. Open gamespy.
    2. There are 2 things you can click, they are both on the left. One says "Files." and one says "fileplanet" with a logo next to it. They both bring you to the same place, click one.
    3. You should still be on the gamespy program, but it'll be showing the fileplanet site. In the search bar type "Renegade Demo"
    4. THe first one that comes up will say "
    1. Command & Conquer Renegade Multiplayer Demo v1.019
    Are you ready to get down and dirty in the Command & Conquer universe? Play online against other renegades in a single multiplayer map... "
    5. Right under it, there will be a red button saying "Download This File Now!" Click that.
    6. There will be a bunch of things for downloading if you're a subscriber, go to the bottom of the page. It has all of the ones for us poor people. I picked East Coast - USA , but it doesn't quite matter.
    7. Click the black "Download Now" button.
    8. You should get in line for your download to start, then your download will start, and you'll be done when the download's finished.

Any other questions/comments? Hit me up on MSN.

Animations - Do not Click Me - And Me Neither
    You have good sight, or good ctrl+c, ctrl+v skills. Also your computer might be set to %500 magnification.

Dedicated Member
    ok thanks, i already have gamespy, so ill get right to the downloading process how much is it to buy though? ._.

Enthusiast

Not much I wouldn't think, it's not a very new game or anything. I bet you there are some prices on that google site I hear about so much

And what is your gamespy alias? To anyone here who uses gamespy, mine's "Cheezahr"

You have good sight, or good ctrl+c, ctrl+v skills. Also your computer might be set to %500 magnification.

this game isnt really new. still i love it. but not for his multiplayer. the single player mode is awesum and LONG<thats a thing that like every 2 of 10 games have.

KTU
    Dedicated Member
    Where are the download mirrors? The page ends for me right after the subscription bubbles.
    [center:36nrfcqg][/center:36nrfcqg]

Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!
    I played this game when I was 10, yet, it is still one of the best games out there. I just love blowing the shit outaa stuff with the RPG and then running people over in a tank =D

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    i got the game a long time ago, but stopped playing when i lost my internet. You sir, gave me a good idea.
    il just play it till i get ma Wii!

Enthusiast

So, just for reference, who actually has the demo of the game, (Not full) so I can add ya on gamespy?

(PM to me. Don't make a bunch of posts here)

And also, my favorite part of the game is when I get someone like Mobius with his laser rifle or whatever the hell it's called, and if there's a big battles between vehicles on both teams, I can take out at least one vehicle (Sometimes even a mammoth!) without dieing/going back to base for health.