Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Xbox 360 Died First Time I Turned It On

I got my Xbox 360 yesterday, and just turned it on for the first time an hour or so ago. I got the error, "System Error: Contact Customer Support", and had 3 or 4 red lights. I'm pretty sure this is the error you get when it dies, but I JUST turned it on! I rebooted it and it's working so far, but I'm afraid that if I had a problem that early, there'll be more to come.

It came with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, which when I put in gives me the error, "To Play This Disc Please Insert It In An Xbox 360 Console", or something of the like. It also came with GUN and Arcade, which work, but GRAW doesn't.

Anyone have anyway to help or have any similar experiences?

Have you got xbox live by any chance? If it continues to happen some stores will replace faulty consoles under warranty.

I would suggest not throwing away your box for the 360, keep it and any warranty papers. If none of your games work, I would take it back, tell them what happened, and get a new one. You dont have a loosable info on the xbox, and why not get one that is in perfect condition. :])

Well it comes with a free one month gold subscription and they all have silver, right? I just have to set up the account and hook it up to the router and I'm good to go. I haven't yet though.

It's from Future Shop with a 2 year warranty, for anyone who's wondering.

So DarkDemon, you think it'll just continue to act up? And do you know if that disc problem can be fixed? I don't think it can. My friend told me he rented it 3 times (same game) before he stopped getting that same error.

Quote Originally Posted by Bari Bang
    I would suggest not throwing away your box for the 360, keep it and any warranty papers. If none of your games work, I would take it back, tell them what happened, and get a new one. You dont have a loosable info on the xbox, and why not get one that is in perfect condition. :])
    Yeah I'm going to keep the box and papers. As I said, only GRAW doesn't work. I have yet to try the backwards compatible XBOX ones yet though. It was in perfect condition, brand new.

If everything's in working order, you don't have anything to worry about. I suggest cleaning the GRAW disk (even if it doesn't look dirty), because when I got oblivion there was a tiny piece of clear security tape that I missed.
    I'm gay.

Dedicated Member
    i would return it to the store as soon as you can and get a new one.

Alright well I'm going to give the 360 a chance, see if it screws up again and if so I'll take it right back.

I took GRAW back an hour ago, and they said a large batch of the freebies they gave out with the 360 were faulty. They gave me a number that I have to call to get a new one sent to me.

It also sucks that I was supposed to get Blazing Angels too but they gave me a charger worth less than half the price instead because they were out of Blazing Angels at the time. There's 7 or 8 now. >.>

The other day I unplugged it and took it to my mom's house, where it did the death error again. It hasn't since. Is it because I unplugged it do you think? My stepbrother got a 360 today and it didn't do that when he first plugged it in.

(ya ogm i bumpd so dis shud be lockd, i cant get help if the thred is old rite?)
    S- U kan bmp ur own thread so its k.

Thats bad.
    Well not happened to me and i have 360.
    Take it back to shop and tell them to fix it kay?.
    "That's how I party, that's how I party.."

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

The downside to the 360. I would return it anyway, just to be sure.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah