Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KTU
    Dedicated Member

The difference between PS3 and 360 graphics

Also known as "What the hell are you paying $200 extra for??"

I found this while browsing the internats, and I thought it would be good to share just how much better the Playstation 3's graphics are when compared to the Xbox 360 on the same HDTV while playing the same game.

http://gamevideos.com/video/watch?video ... Format=wmv
    If the video appears too big to fit on your screen, I suggest setting your display to a higher resolution(mine is set at 1280x1024, it just barely fits).

Watch this, and then tell me how people can say that the PS3 is worth $200 extra because it has pretty graphics.
    [center:36nrfcqg][/center:36nrfcqg]

Enthusiast
    People actually aren't paying the extra 200. Xbox is selling way more then ps3 and ps3 are actually something like 500 000 dollars under what they expected to be at in 2007.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

The 200 bucks could be atributed to the blu ray drive.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Graphics are not always everything, I got my xbox 360 mainly for the reason of the halo 3 coming out later this year. Jon is right the blu ray drive has bumped up the price abit not the graphics. Blue ray drives cost alot and read the had alot of problems with software and both hardware aspects with it.

I'd buy the ps3 just the price that puts me off, but if you want to look at specs look over at.

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2005 ... -of-4.aspx

Of course this doesnt show all specs mainly CPU, and bandwidth comparisions core console details. Its obvious that the ps3 out weigths it in some areas as its had awhile adjust to technology as its moved through its developement. But in other areas the xbox 360 has greater performance.

That video is also of COD3, not a good choice to compare with. As the graphics are never picture perfect on all the cod's i've played regardless of graphic power. The game just doesnt make use of the hardware.

- Games that I believe do
    -Dead rising
    - Gears of War
    and Tom Clancy's on the single player.

Theres more, I just dont play that many.

Each console is different people get it because of probably some of the titles that are exclusive for it, price, other special features.

There's no difference. It's only a brighter contrast.

They should compare gears of war with something else instead.

I dont believe that people will buy console because it has better graphics.
    I have xbox360 and im happy with it.
    I bought it because of its games and stuff.
    Im official PS3 hater...lol.
    And in that vid i say that PS3 has a little better graphs but in my opinion:
    Who cares?
    "That's how I party, that's how I party.."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel
    I dont believe that people will buy console because it has better graphics.
    I have xbox360 and im happy with it.
    I bought it because of its games and stuff.
    Im official PS3 hater...lol.
    And in that vid i say that PS3 has a little better graphs but in my opinion:
    Who cares?
    I'm not a PS3 hater. Infact, if the PS3 were 400 dollars, I would've bought it instead. Like everyone, the price put me off, and I'm not gonna swing 200$ for slightly better graphics.

DD: Just like me
    I'm gay.

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Who said ppl buy ps3 over 360 just because of graphics? lol, its a completely different system, you need to compare more than just graphics.

Enthusiast
    Im gonna buy PS3 becose of games and better net.. And stfu, my opinnion is that PS3 net is better, and it doesnt split the players in the two, those who has money, and those who doesnt.

Alright. The PS3 and 360 are 2 completely different consoles. Xbox has games like gears of war, halo, Dead Rising, that make the xbox good. But PS3 has games for it also. Your not paying $200 more for the graphics, your basically paying $200 more for the blu ray. Blu ray dvd players go for a lot more than $600. Blu ray players go for over $1000. Just click here to see how much they are. But like other people were saying, if PS3 were $100 or $200 cheaper, I would buy the ps3. And I don't care about PS3 internet, what nerd needs internet on the ps3, if they have the internet, 99% of the time they have a computer. Another thing the xbox 360 is better for is xbox live but whatever. I have always been a Playstation fan and still will be, but also am an xbox fan.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast