Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!

Xbox 360 Screen Capturing? (stills and vids.)

So after having my Xbox 360 for some time now I decided I wanted to make movies to show how good i am at some games or reveal glitches and secrets, but sadly I have no idea how or if it is even possible. I searched google and found some stuff about VGA cables. I have no idea what the cables are or what they do.

I want to take screenshots of intense moments or funny scenes and videos of cool fighting or my skill in some games.

If you are going to tell me about VGA cables, please explain in detail, I ain't to bright. As for my T.V, it's a piece, it isn't HDTV or have any cool features. It is bulky and had a decent sized screen.

Please help, you will be rewarded in ... buttsecks? :P

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

You'll need something like a TV tuner card
    They usually come with the recording software, so all you do once it's installed is plug the yellow cable from your 360 into the card, and it should display on screen for you to capture.

As for my 'reward'... I'll pass. Consider it charity work

Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!
    Are there any alternatives? I don't have much cash right now, but sadly, my mom is in debt to me ... so I will get it off her. I can do almost anything simple and maybe some medium difficulty instillation. I also have a computer, as you could probaly tell, so is there any programs I can buy/download that I could use directly with my 360?

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^