Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast

Quick Question about Wi Fi

Well heres my situation & then the question
    I have a Nintendo WIi, and to use and use some more of its features i need Wi Fi on it
    It just needs a Wi Fi USB Adapter and obviously the Wi Fi Modem and junk for PC

MY QUESTION:
    Is how much does it usual cost for all this shiz, i looked on Future Shop and got this
    *clicky*
    Now if you click the link you see theres $30 - $200 ones

I am really just wonder, if im just going to use if for my Nintendo Wii would be worth it to just pay for some $30 - $50 one? And do i need anything else other then a Modem and USB Wi Fi Drive to use it, installation wise or anything?
    Or should i go for a little bit higher up price..

ps. i dont really want to go over $70

please help ._.
    My Animation Thread :0 *updated jan. 1

Fanatic Enthusiast

win

I'm guessing you just plug it into a usb port and it becomes an open acces point for your Wii/DS. This should work great!

Pretty much any wireless-g router will work fine. I have a belkin model I got for $40, and it's fast enough for the Wii, DS, and my PC. Obviously your internet speed will make a big difference on how fast each router works, but if you have cable or DSL it should be fine.

(Just in case you didn't know, you can't use wi-fi if you only have dial-up)

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    Pretty much any wireless-g router will work fine. I have a belkin model I got for $40, and it's fast enough for the Wii, DS, and my PC. Obviously your internet speed will make a big difference on how fast each router works, but if you have cable or DSL it should be fine.

(Just in case you didn't know, you can't use wi-fi if you only have dial-up)
    lol i have a belkin wireless router and it was $40, maybe the same one (-cool_)
    Speaking of which, its really easy to set up, and it works great too.