Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP)

Does anyone here play it?

If you don't know what it is, it's like any other Metal Gear Solid game, except you can capture enemies and make them join you in battle. And the enemy units have abilities that help you out quite a bit.

I really liked the game. I found that it was just as good as any other MGS game. Plus it has neat features that only a psp could use. An example would be the "find a soldier" feature. If a soldier of yours dies, you can use wi-fi or gps and go on a scavenger hunt for your character. What? Well, you have a signal, and the only way to get the unit back is to follow the strength of the signal and find where the soldier is. Yes, you need to get up and walk around.

So, as I already said, does anybody play it? I've beaten the story mode a few times on normal and I'm currently playing online alot.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

I played it a few times. Don't really play it that much. Not much of a MGS fan. Halo, GOW, BF, COD are my fav. shooting games really.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Well, it's pretty different than most shooters. If you can get a guy with A (or S if you get Ocelot) in pistol skill, the gameplay would be very different than a normal shooter. That's one of the better things about the game, the diversity of squads. Although this probably won't appeal to you unless you like strategy to some extent. And on top of that, it is MGS, and it's mostly based on stealth.

Although I must admit, some of the AI is pretty lame. For example, I'm dressed as a soldier that has security clearance in my area. I'm just standing there, and another soldier bumps into me. He then proceeds to punch me in the face and start shooting me, just because he walked into me.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]