Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: FEAR

Enthusiast

FEAR

Anyone played it? well if you havn't you should atleast give it a try, a retail game which has a free, downloadable multiplayer! If you are interested, here is a link for it http://www.joinfear.com/

This is the game i am most engrossed in atm, awesome graphics if your computer can handle it and it has some nice gametypes. Slowmo TDM and Slowmo DM, regular TDM, DM, Control and CTF. The mellee they have incorporated into it is awesome imo, it can get annoying knowing that you've got a gun and some guy is beating you with his bare fists though

All in all its a good game with a differest style. Give it a try and post what you think
    anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. << link to my newest animation

Fads suck, and you suck for joining one
    By including this in your signature you relinquish all respect by me and any relative incarnations I might be in at the time. Noob

Enthusiast

Not my thing, at all really. Too much better stuff out there.
    Brent says:
    ohhh babyyyyy
    Brent says:
    immm backkkkkk
    Darren says:
    *wipes it off*

My computers GPU sucks too much to run it at a decent quality and resolution.
    Good game though, and it's still free.
    [center:161o6f51]LET&#39;S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE&#39;RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

I played through the original campaign twice, second time on hardest, but it never seemed to be much of a challenge for me
    (And I'm not that good at games either)
    The first time I played it, I still had my old PC and had to play it at 800x600, lowest settings, and still got about 30 FPS max. Luckily i can play it with full settings at 1440x990 with no problems now. (except for soft shadows)

I never liked the online part though, mainly because i don't like online gaming in general, and also because everyone sets up these idiotic rules, like making pretend 'teams' even though it's set to deathmatch, then they get all pissed off when you shoot your 'team mates'
    gahh.

Enthusiast

lol TM, I love the SP campaign as wellas the expansion (Extraction Point). Its sorta scary if you have maxed out graphics, 20' monitor and 6.1 surround sound which could peel the hide off a cow at full blast lol. I have to agree about it not being that hard, even atthe highest difficulty. You might die when you forget to use a medkit in time but then you just load game and pick'em off easy.

The AI in the game is good however, it annoys me that FEAR on the PS2 and Xbox360 will have have Instant action mode where bots spawn! CURSE YE VILE WANKARS! Theres been talk of FEAR 2 which I will definately be getting.

As for Multiplayer, don't usually see people teaming up in death match. Done it once on our own server with a clan mate. Slowmo TDM is where its at my brutha, if your teammates have half a brain it can be very tactful and awesome fun.
    anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. << link to my newest animation

Fads suck, and you suck for joining one
    By including this in your signature you relinquish all respect by me and any relative incarnations I might be in at the time. Noob

Pat
    i still have the activation code for the free one but i was WAY to nooby, never got a kill

so i deleted it

Tsu
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Yeah the game looks really good.
    It got some good reviews too. I'l propably never get the chance to play it though.

yea its good, but ive only ever played the demo, but the slo mo was sweet, and the ai were ruthless! they dived through windows, lay prone and crawled under a pile of wood, theyre not easy targets... but i want to play it online really bad, id would be sick i think
    mum says, "if only you put this much effort into your study"

It's got a pretty bad story... but great graphics.

However everything will be overshadowed when Crysis comes out because its DX10 and i can run it so thar.