Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Wi Fi Robots

Wi Fi Robots

Anyone seen them around I think there pretty nifty things specially since you could control it over the internet.

Basically its an RC car, and Webcam, it uses WIFI to send data back and forth from a computer allowing you to move it around.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/STG ... duct.html#

Spyke is an example.

http://www.superdroidrobots.com/picture ... _WiFil.jpg

I was thinking of building one, and creating a small ajax application on the internet so you could control it over the web, and see it.

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro
    Wow, thats pretty cool. Nice idea. And if it's wifi, you could control it using a nintendo ds XD
    But yeah, that would be ace to make one, could be used far all kind of >_> purposes.
    They don't come cheap though, and i won't buy one. Nice find, would be awesome to show off to friends with.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Actually it can be done cheap, I'm thinking of making one so people can control / move it over the net.

Firstly I need to hack off an RC cars remote, get a USB relay board wire it up to the controller.

In visual basic write a small server application with the winstock control so I could allow people to move the car.

Get a wireless network bridge and IP camera and tape it to the top of the car.

Simple.... lol

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDemon
    Actually it can be done cheap, I'm thinking of making one so people can control / move it over the net.

Firstly I need to hack off an RC cars remote, get a USB relay board wire it up to the controller.

In visual basic write a small server application with the winstock control so I could allow people to move the car.

Get a wireless network bridge and IP camera and tape it to the top of the car.

Simple.... lol
    Sounds it <_<
    I know a bit of visual basic, will the code be hard? Maybe you could post it if you know what it roughly will be, i just want to see what it might be.

Also, will this be for your use only, or will you be able to let friends use it? ( guessing friends too because you said people)
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

I might let people on the net use it.

It would be messy if everyone trying using it at once so I'd make a simple session system.

As for the VB code its just using the winstock control for the server which will allow interfaces with the I/O board.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Tab ... 57&doy=4m4

^^ Something like that can be used to control on the car from the RC remote.

As for the webcam that would just FTP the images to server allowing the user to see the car as they move it.

That would be an awesome time waster to play around with. A session system would pretty much be a must though, because whenever you see those interactive webcams online, they're always going around non-stop from everyone moving it at once.

Yup I might consider setting something up.

Lol, i'mah gonna conquer the world with it.
    I'll actually gibe you a medal if you make one.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Sounds so cool =P

I know some visual basic from a gr 10 course... any harder to program than a wheel of fortune game or an online store? All I did that was really cool =(