Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Aston Shell

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Aston Shell

Wow, I always see people amazed by windowblinds themes, and it pisses me off, they suck SO bad. Then I came upon a little program called Aston Shell. imo, it is the best desktop customization prog available. It's awesome, it doesn't just change the start bar and items, it totally changes your desktop, it's awesome. Here's the link. Aston Shell. Install it, and don't apply any themes, cause the default ones are hardly spectacular. Head on over to DA's aston shell theme gallery, which can be found here. If you don't believe me that this thing is cool, here's a screeny of my destkop ^_^

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/5735 ... opy2zf.jpg

btw, the things on the left side like "Work" aren't very practical. I'm pretty sure that you can change this, but the "Photoshop" is photoshop 6, and last time I checked, I don't have that. That aside however, this is definately a good download
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

That looks pretty sweet, I don't think I'd ever get use to a complete desktop rearrange like that though, it's just like switching to a mac ^^ (can't do it. sorry)

I may browse around the gallery and see if there are any that don't change everything too much though, and give it a try.

Dedicated Member
    I tried aston shell about a month ago, my computor freaked out cause it couldn't handle it confused_)
    Signature

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by w0rmaster
    I tried aston shell about a month ago, my computor freaked out cause it couldn't handle it confused_)
    rofl, well, I was scared, as it crashed, and I thought I had lost my destkop, but, luckily enough, a restart fixed it all. I've actually gotten used to it, and customized the quicklink things so they're practical. It's actually quite easy. And tm, there's tons of programs out there alot less hardcore than this, so, I'd just browse around and check stuff out. I wouldn't use shell themes if you're not trying to change alot, I'd just use stylexp or windowblinds

Updated screeny ^_^

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/1793/screenu8ni.jpg
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]