Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Finally

Finally

just put the finishing touches to my new gaming rig still needs some wiring doing here and there but the main bits done, nice and fast. SLI is sweet if any of you are thinking of getting it, but read up on it first.

I'm running two SLI 6800GT'S overlocked about 12 %

Dedicated Member
    whatre you making? are you making a like ps2 sorta thing or like a computor sort of thing? and whats SLI?
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1249588666.gif[/img]

Sig made by Transparent <-- awesome

Quote Originally Posted by darkdemonrocks
    whatre you making? are you making a like ps2 sorta thing or like a computor sort of thing? and whats SLI?
    it's a computer, and SLI is a special new thingy for graphics cards where you can use two of the same thing at the same time for extra power.

And damn, that PC counds awesome DD, can you post some other specs along with prices?
    (when you make some more money you should upgrade to dual 7800 GTX's, then you'd be unstoppable %%^ )

pretty pointless if you know how you can o/c the 6800 to the 7800 like me, i've added heatsinks and termal gel underneath to carry out the extra heat. See what I mean i've got 7800 for less, its some extreme o/cing if you have no idea how to do it dont bother.

Ok Specs.

AMD ATHLON X2 3000+ O/C 3200 X2
    6800 GT DUEL SLI O/C 7800 GT + HEATSINK THERMAL PASTE HELPED WITH THIS
    8 GIG CROSSIAR RAM PC3200 /
    DVD - RW / DUEL LAYER
    BENQ CD ROM / DVD PLAYER

Running
    Win XP : SP
    All games on max.

It does seem like I lie on the overclocking side, I assure you it do'able it takes time cooling is a complete buggar. Dont forget the reason mine is power ful is due to its a modified server board hence the high O/C duel proccessors.

It has the Nvida chipset which is nice its stable but can run hot at peak times. I dont think its right on 7800 just under 7800 core clock speed.