Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SA
    Enthusiast

Bit of Help on Game Buying?

Basically, I'm looking for a new Xbox 360 game to get. I have plenty of money to spend, but even so I'm a stingy bastard and only want to shell out for the best.
    I'll list my current games, with a short review of my feelings - So you guys can better evaluate what game of yours you think I'd like best:

Gears of War -
    When it was my only game I loved it. Great action and the multiplayer can still keep me grabbed. For a while. After completing it on Insane, it was just multiplayer. But now newer games are out, I feel its multiplayer is out-dated.

Oblivion -
    Thinking about the game reveals how incredible it is. But actually playing I find to be very time consuming, and needs devotion and dedication, which takes a bit of effort. See, you can play it as you see it, but I prefer to plan a strategy and work towards the best things.

Crackdown -
    Great fun game to start with. Though having nearly completed it, the search for the orbs became tedious, and after exploring lots of the game in co-op messing about, I haven't been back to it in ages.

Call of Duty 4 -
    Amazing game. Single-player is great for a few run-throughs on increasing difficulty, and multiplayer still keeps me gripped.

Viva Pinata -
    Completely different type of game, but still great. Although, like Oblivion, I prefer to plan out a strategy and aim for the best things, and in this game it become tedious trying to do it also. Still, I come back for a play because of the new stuff to find.

Burnout Paradise -
    Love it. The game I'm playing the most now simply because it's still fun to just drive around messing about, particularly online. And because I've still got some stuff to unlock which focuses the single player more.

So, I believe I'm the type of gamer who likes to have a set strategy most of the time, with fairly non-obvious linear gameplay. I also like to have objectives to complete after the first run through, or for the first run-through to take a long time - RPG-style, which keeps me coming back to the game.

I know it's a big ask really, but if anyone would be willnig to take the time to offer up a game, with a basic review/overview of it - That'd be much appreciated.

(I prefer real user's reviews/opinions, rather than the actual reviewers who always have biased views no matter how hard they proclaim against it.)

Re: Bit of Help on Game Buying?

veags 2 when its released, and come online maor so we can burnout.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Vegas 2 looks fun, and you can download the demo for the first on Xbox LIVE.

he already has that ....

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by wereZ
    he already has that ....
    lol oh I thought those were the games he was deciding between. XD

*fixes post*

Well...seeing as you like driving and shooting games, I would wait until GTA 4 comes out. Or get Halo because the cars in it are fun to drive.

don't know why everyone is so excited about Vegas 2. From what I know (i'm normally right on this kinda stuff) it'll propably be nothing special. But whatever don't flame me.

I would recommend gettin GTA 4 cos it seems like the sort of game that you would like. There will hopefully be a certain strategy to completing the missions and it should be one of the best games ever.
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

The orange box.

Half life 2 is one of THE best games, EVAR. I haven't stopped playing TF2 (check out sig) and portal is great, and I KNOW you'll it.

I have the orange box for the PC though, so I'm not sure how it differs. Apparantly, TF2 is kinda laggy, and not as good as PC. But portal, and half life 2 is enough reason to get the OB.

THAT IS MY 2 CENTS.
    [center:1galr654][/center:1galr654]
    [center:1galr654]SOCIALLY AWKWARD ALAN[/center:1galr654]

Like I just told Hotari,

MASS EFFECT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET MASS EFFECT.

I guess you could see Hotaris thread for a little more explanation.

SA
    Enthusiast

Cheers guys.
    And Werez has Burnout? We shall play in the near future : D

I also forgot to mention I have Halo 3, and did find it fun - Just haven't been back to that in a while...
    And the only game that I've bought full price is Call of Duty 4, emphasising the stingy bastard bit, so wanted to know if you guys justify paying full price for those games.

Vegas 2 looks very COD-like - And as long as it has refreshing gameplay, not just a repat performance of COD4, then I'll most likely get it too.

I've also thought about Mass Effect several times. I'll post my questions in your thread, Damon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast