Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Army of Two

Enthusiast

Army of Two

Well, its a story about two mercs, and not much more into it, the story is lame.
    And so is your partners AI most of the time. Also there some ridiculous stuff happening, like, you seriously get to a safe distance in 9 seconds, after blowing up a chemical warhead, on foot ?

Now that the bad things are said, the good things, gameplay is solid, really enjoyable, althought camera screws up at times, but thats propably just my own fault..
    And what a suprise ! The game works best when you play it with a friend ?! Its very fun to plan little tactics with friend, and see the results, which is usually a floor full of bodies of bad guys.

And then again few bad things, netplay, is, horrible. The idea is awesome, and works, but EA once again screwed with their servers, and it appears to lag like hell for everybody.
    And the story, its just bad, cant really come up with anything good with it, the main characters have few good lines, but those dont have nothing to do with the story..
    Also, the fucking hovercraft, propably the worst vehicle sequense in a game, ever.

Overall, if you buy this, make sure you play it with a friend, and you also shouldnt expect much from the story.

PS. You also get to see lots of ripping doors open, like, lots of doors !

Re: Army of Two

I was thinking about purchasing this, however hearing the little support for multiplayer ( 4 people in a lobby i heard, they could at lease have 4 v 4 ), really didn't appeal to me. I heard the storyline has some flawes but enjoyable, however i would rather save my money for a better game in the future.

This game completely relies on it's co-op. Get a mate, reserve a free day, and kick some ass. It's a great game to do away the time with and it's pretty enjoyable.
    However, if you haven't played GoW yet I'd advise you to get that first, I liked the co-op in that more, by miles and miles.
    If you have played this piece of art, and want a fresh co-op experience, then Army of Two is definately a title for you.

Fanatic Enthusiast

yeah i was gonna say that gears is probably better for co op.

cant really pass judgement on army of two. i haven't heard nice things about though, ill say that.
    Elite Forgotten

Enthusiast

I've already beaten the game, with the AI partner, albeit on recruit(easy) so I could enjoy the story better. I actually quite enjoyed the story, especially later in the game. I agree on the hovercraft though, absolutely terrible. Impossible to steer, and it's so big as to not be easy to maneuver as well. The concept of earning money for missions is pretty good though, and I thoroughly enjoyed this game the whole way through.

Enthusiast

Spoiler.

I thought that the story was horrible, what i said before but i go a bit more to detail now. Ok, so you start at Iraq, and you meet Clyde, he has " bad guy " written all over him, and thats pretty much all you do in Iraq. And then the story jumps about 15 years forward, where you destroy missiles, original. Then at the aircraft, you found out that * gasp * Clyde really is a bad guy, suprising. After that your guys start to think that maybe the whole SSC is on this conspiracy, and thats actually the highlight of the whole plot, but its just presented in such a non-intresting way, that i didnt give a fuck about it. And talk about cliche, your Boss is a bad guy -__-
    And then it all ends ( Actually theres few missions still, but they have very little to do with the story ) like it would hit a wall. You dont get to know nothing in more depth, and Rios and Salem start their own PMC, and credits roll. So a sequel is on its way.

I think the game looks quite good. I might get it. The reviews say that the game is based around co-op which is no problem for me.

Also, being able to customize guns is pretty sweet

I was never interested in this game. Sfter I read a couple of previews it became obvious that it was never gonna be great and I found the whole idea a little stupid. (two guys who go around wearing masks)
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Too rushed generally annoying AI, EA did another bad job imo, I intend on swapping it.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDemon
    Too rushed generally annoying AI, EA did another bad job imo, I intend on swapping it.
    Most people in my class have been complaining about the AI and suggested that I didn't buy it. Doesn't seem too great anyway, stick with GoW.