Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Metroid Series?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wherever Im at...
    Posts
    303

    Metroid Series?

    What do you think about the metroid series? (including prime)
    Courtesy?
    My Anims



    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I feel kinda wtf'd. Dont really get it.

    Has good animation qualities and very good dark backgrounds and whatnot. So great job yo.
    *blimp*
    Jon said I did a great job... :3

  2. #2
    Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,653

    Re: Metroid Series?

    We don't talk about whether a console is good or bad. This erupts too many flamewars.

    Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

  3. #3
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,420

    Re: Metroid Series?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereye
    We don't talk about whether a console is good or bad. This erupts too many flamewars.
    Isnt Metroid a game series ?
    Well, now that im here, i have only played one 2D sidescrolling version, and it sucked, its just like Megaman, which i hate too <.<
    Dunno about the newest Wii version, atleast it looks good for a Wii game.

  4. #4
    Nev
    Nev is offline
    Veteran Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,835

    Re: Metroid Series?

    ^^ I hate the 2D side scrolling version too..

    I tried Metroid Prime 2 or whatever on my gamecube and never really got into it either. Not even a fan of using Samus in SSB :3

  5. #5
    Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,653

    Re: Metroid Series?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snigge
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereye
    We don't talk about whether a console is good or bad. This erupts too many flamewars.
    Isnt Metroid a game series ?
    I deleted that part of his post.

    Also, how can you hate the 2D sidescrolling ones? Those were easily the best.

    Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wherever Im at...
    Posts
    303

    Re: Metroid Series?

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereye
    Quote Originally Posted by Snigge
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvereye
    We don't talk about whether a console is good or bad. This erupts too many flamewars.
    Isnt Metroid a game series ?
    I deleted that part of his post.

    Also, how can you hate the 2D sidescrolling ones? Those were easily the best.
    I know but the 3d ones are still good.

    also, what happend to the portal?
    Courtesy?
    My Anims



    Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I feel kinda wtf'd. Dont really get it.

    Has good animation qualities and very good dark backgrounds and whatnot. So great job yo.
    *blimp*
    Jon said I did a great job... :3

  7. #7
    Fanatic Enthusiast FrozenFire's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texasland
    Posts
    3,979

    Re: Metroid Series?

    Yeah, some games are just meant to stay 2d. I dislike the new Metroid games, as well as new mario games. They just...weren't supposed to be that way.

    Super Metroid is one of the highest rated games of all time, if I'm not mistaken..

    My personal favorite of the 2d Metroids is Fusion, because it had a great storyline for a gameboy game.
    I'm currently playing Metroid Zero Mission on an emulator, and it's turning out to be pretty damn good too.
    I can't say I liked that one that was on the gameboy...what was it again? Metroid II, return of Samus I think.

    I played Metroid Prime at a friend's house, and wasn't impressed. It just didn't feel right.
    Not to say it's not a good game, just..not my style.

  8. #8
    Fanatic Enthusiast Toastmaster's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,999

    Re: Metroid Series?

    I played Fusion for the GBA, and the first two primes. I liked the primes pretty well, but I'm horrible at puzzles and still haven't even beaten the second one

  9. #9
    Fanatic Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    630
    Posts
    3,221

    Re: Metroid Series?

    Metroid Prime was easily one of the best games out there for the Gamecube.

    Awesome graphics, great game play, and a very long and challenging campaign. (I've yet to have beaten it.)

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    94

    Re: Metroid Series?

    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFire
    Yeah, some games are just meant to stay 2d. I dislike the new Metroid games, as well as new mario games. They just...weren't supposed to be that way.
    I agree. I think metroid is a good series, but just like pokemon, the older games are better. I also searched "Samus" on an image search..... those pictures shall haunt me to this day...


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •