Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

"Sound Card Recorder"

Hey, I am posting this here instead of Help because this would be a more knowledgeable area.

I am looking for a good sound card recorder, in other words, a program that will record whatever audio is currently playing on my computer. I have been trying out some new things, but none of them are very good. If anybody out there has any ideas of a good sound recorder, please recomend.

Re: "Sound Card Recorder"

I know that on Audacity's record functions they have a computer setting, which basically records every sound on the comp.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps

Edit: Also this might help if you're having problems:
    With most Windows and Linux audio devices, it is possible to record whatever sound the computer is currently playing, including internet radio streams.

In the drop-down menu on Audacity's mixer toolbar, choose “Wave Out” or “Stereo Mix” as the input source. (The exact name may be different, depending on your computer's sound drivers.) When you press the Record button, Audacity will capture whatever sound is playing on your computer's speakers. Note that on Windows Vista, the “stereo mix” option must be chosen in the Audio I/O tab of Preferences, in the “Recording Device” dropdown. On Windows, if you don't have a “Wave Out” or “Stereo Mix” option, or if it won't record, go to the system Control Panel and try to enable this option there. For instructions see: Using the Control Panel on the Wiki.

If this doesn't work on your computer, you can instead use a cable to connect your computer's “Line Out” (speaker) port to its “Line In” port, and use Audacity to record from Line In.

If your running windows xp or vista you can do it be changing a few things. You can even use sound recorder. You just have to turn on stero mix. Then you can record every sound on your computer.

I cant exactly tell you as it depends on operating system, and your sound card. But it's how I'm currently doing it.

Ah, thank you so much, both of those methods worked for me, so, uh, I guess that is it, this clears up a whole lot for me, thanks.