Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Need help changing 360 NAT D:

My NAT type is now moderate. Being barely computer literate, NAT might as well mean "national alien transmitter". Of course it doesn't <_< but that is beside the point. My NAT type is moderate, which is interfering with my gaming. It wasn't too prominent untill I got Universe at War: Earth Assault. When I join 9/10 games, my data doesn't transfer, making everyone else in the party unable to "ready up" to play the game. Bottom line:

How do I change my NAT from moderate to open?

Re: Need help changing 360 NAT D:

NAT is network address translation. It generally just effects connections to others. You will need to access your router or modem settings to change it, some routers dont have the option to change it so you maybe stuck.

Finding ports which need to be unlocked can normally be added to a routers settings config which usually does the job.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874

^ Port numbers there for the Xbox 360.

Enabling UPnP, if not already on or an option to do so, helps too.

~ Next time post this in the help center, but in this case I'll leave it here so other people can see it, if they are in the same situation. Might be useful.

More info on NAT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_ad ... ranslation

Sorry D: Haven't been here in a while, and I have forgotten how the forum really works...

Enthusiast

This is kinda funny because I just solved the same problem like 5 hours ago

Yeah, Enable Upnp worked for me!
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

UPnP tries to open them for you, I've got the ports set by default too as a fail safe.

Both ways work, adding the ports as well is normally a good idea.

Alright, I tried to add the ports via computer. That didn't work. I am assume I am not even looking in the right place, but when it comes to technical issues, I lose. A little bit more elaboration would be great for this computer noob D:

You need to add them to your routers config, I suggest asking your parents perhaps they have a better idea of what they are doing.

A router is abit of network hardware that connects your computer to the network. Settings are normally changed via the web through http://192.168.1.1

Please excuse my christian ways, but bless you DD. Thank you very, very much.