Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Gears Of War 2

Gears Of War 2

My most looked forward to game of the year. I can't wait for it, the first one was brilliant, and this one is meant to be better. Discuss.

Dedicated Member

Re: Gears Of War 2

never played any of them >___>

someone care to explain what they're like?
    Flash thread
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1256091641.png[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Did you just vomit on your keyboard and decide to post it anyway?

Fanatic Enthusiast

'this one is meant to be better' is kind of a redundant statement

you wouldn't say 'this one is meant to be worse', now would you?

hopefully this one has more open combat; the other one was too much travelling and not enough fighting.
    Elite Forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    'this one is meant to be better' is kind of a redundant statement

you wouldn't say 'this one is meant to be worse', now would you?

hopefully this one has more open combat; the other one was too much travelling and not enough fighting.
    I dont think so, maybe its just me, but that travelling gives the game a more dynamic experience other than *cutscene* kill, kill, kill *ending* *new mission-cutscene* blood, kill, kill *ending* plus there was a lot of fighting in the game, I certainly dont think that it needed still more locust-chainsawing, hope you get me.

And about the game, I cant wait for it, is the only game where you actually can see something more than the typic puff of blood that is in every other game. The action itself never gets old for me, covering, switching from wall to wall, blindfiring etc. makes the game really interesting, being able to "finish" an enemy when he is lying on the ground, makes the game fun, and yet kind-of realistic. Something that I would really like to be improved in the game, is the use of physics. Almost all the enviroment is solid. Some destructable objects, that you could interact with, would be a great adition for the game, something a bit less detailed than the crysis enviroment-destruction would be more than enough to make the game perfect.

The only thing that I didnt like from the game was the looking of the COG guys, like if they were long-term steroid addicts.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Haven't played the first, but this is definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Ex-Intermediate Animator
    Ex-Photoshop Artist
    Ex-Virgin (LOL JKS)

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    Something that I would really like to be improved in the game, is the use of physics. Almost all the enviroment is solid. Some destructable objects, that you could interact with, would be a great adition for the game, something a bit less detailed than the crysis enviroment-destruction would be more than enough to make the game perfect.
    You will be glad to know that the new game is "supposed to be" much more destructable, but lots of games promise that, and end up not delivering. Now, watch a sweatty guy stammer his way through explaining some stuff, gets to the destructability at 3:11.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZkcM4djkvLI

Basically, they have this room made of concrete, with steel supports, and you can blow up all the concrete, pretty realistically I must add, but the steel doesn't really change. However, this was a designed room to show this off, and will this really be applied throughout the whole game, I highly doubt it. I wish games would get more realistic with this style of thing, i.e. bullets going through stuff, and the like, and games are working on it, but it is still just not there yet.

I am not super excited about this. I have the first, I played the campaign, and it was pretty good, I liked the whole style of it. I have never played a match online, guess I should try it out eventually, but I just never feel like it. I might get it, I might rent it, I just don't know yet.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

I'm not excited about a game from a few tech demos. I could list every game since the PS2's release that had cool tech demos but ended up as shit, except I'd be here all day.

With the destructible enviroments, it's probably over-exaggerated. For instance, if every indoor structure broke down the exact same way, and had those exact same steel supports, it wouldn't be very exciting. However, if different rooms had different structures or something, it might liven it up. All I'm saying is that a tech demo just shows the capability to do something, not how it'll be used in the game.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the game, because I liked GoW if nothing else. I hope they can improve the multiplayer though, as I found it really boring in the first game.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Quote Originally Posted by Bari

You will be glad to know that the new game is "supposed to be" much more destructable, but lots of games promise that, and end up not delivering. Now, watch a sweatty guy stammer his way through explaining some stuff, gets to the destructability at 3:11.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZkcM4djkvLI

Basically, they have this room made of concrete, with steel supports, and you can blow up all the concrete, pretty realistically I must add, but the steel doesn't really change. However, this was a designed room to show this off, and will this really be applied throughout the whole game, I highly doubt it. I wish games would get more realistic with this style of thing, i.e. bullets going through stuff, and the like, and games are working on it, but it is still just not there yet.

I am not super excited about this. I have the first, I played the campaign, and it was pretty good, I liked the whole style of it. I have never played a match online, guess I should try it out eventually, but I just never feel like it. I might get it, I might rent it, I just don't know yet.
    Wow bari BANG thanks a lot for that video, it seems incredibly realistic, except for the steel part, but I really dont have any problem with it. I hope that they make a good use of that capability, because just like you said, there are a lot of games that before coming out, have teasers about their the engine power, and its features. But when the game comes out, they are underused, or even not used at all.

Fanatic Enthusiast

i wish everyone would stop fapping over realism. if the game was 'realistic', it'd suck.

your character would suffer fatigue, getting shot in the arm would make you unable to fire, you wouldn't be able to run perpetually. you'd end up just sitting on the floor watching yourself bleed to death for most of it.
    Elite Forgotten

^ Lol that would be fun for me, seriously I would try a game that was like that.