Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

HDTV Audio Video delay?

Alright so I got a new LG 37" LCD TV, and I couldn't help but notice that whenever I play Guitar Hero, I can never hit the notes as well as I used to.

I also noticed it when playing FPS's like COD4 and the Orange Box.
    I would flick the right thumb stick and it would delay a tiny bit in-game.

That reminded me of GH2's HDTV lag calibration, so I tried it out and I figured out that my HDTV (at an average of 5 tests) is off by 120 Ms

Is this normal for an HDTV? Or at least yours in general?
    Because I'm debating whether I should trade it in or not...

Enthusiast

Re: HDTV Audio Video delay?

Mine HDTV is just slightly ( almost impossible to notice if you dont really focus to it ) behind with games, but then again its normal with movies.
    I would actually like to know if this is just something every HDTV has, or what is the reason behind it..

Mine isnt that bad that i wouldnt be able to get the notes straight with GH3, but its still noticable when really, like really focusing to it.

i think it also depends on the cable, lik the ength and brand.

Do you have it hooked up through the component cables, or are you using the composite red/white/yellow ones?
    If you're still using the composite, try getting some component cables and try switching your xbox to 720p. If that doesn't help then your TV may just have a really slow response time, which is strange if it's a pretty new model.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    Do you have it hooked up through the component cables, or are you using the composite red/white/yellow ones?
    If you're still using the composite, try getting some component cables and try switching your xbox to 720p. If that doesn't help then your TV may just have a really slow response time, which is strange if it's a pretty new model.
    Well, i have my PS3 hooked with a HDMI, so it should have the best outcome, so maybe i just have a shitty TV :/
    But then again, my problem is so minor that i dont even need to care about it, so, yah.

Althought i propably buy a new TV soon, as the one i got now shows TV shows themself with a horrible quality, and there alot better technology around already, oh wait, this is offtopic, yey ?

When Iam playing GH3 on hdtv. It sucks. Old fashion tvs rocks.

Thanks for the help guys, but I tried everything I could to keep my LG, but in the end the TV itself was the culprit:

1. Yes I used the HDMI cables
    2. Yes I did switch the brand of cables from the upstairs
    3. I switched the 360's even D:

So yeah, it's a shit TV, So I brought it back and traded it in for a Samsung LN-t4042H. It had 5ms response time and it's 40"

Surprisingly it was cheaper, so I bought Rock Band with the money I had left over. Works like a charm <3

Sounds like a happy ending for Yadda

And yeah I forgot some 360s have HDMI on them now. My bad.