Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,420

    Metal Gear Online

    So, a beta started yesterday and its just awesome

    The biggest mistake people make when judging the game is that they think its just another run n gun ala CoD, MGO is MGO, and i dont believe that so called casual players could enjoy from it. Its far from being beginner friendly, controlls are tricky, and everything just seems to be wrong in it, that is for someone who hasnt played MGS before.

    I personally love MGS, so i felt like at home right on, everything is just like i expected/wanted it to be.
    Its just crazy how many possibilities there are, i make a short list:
    - There are randomly placed cardboard boxes around the map, so this time you actually can use the box effectively
    - Lay down, and noobs often just think you are dead, and then you can go and give him a bitch slap
    - The level design is amazing, and with the new cover system you can easily hide from enemies by just being against a wall

    I love how the beta is full of noobs right now, and they just mindlessly run around the map trying to even get a sight of enemies. Im so splintercell that i only use knife, imo its the best weapon in game, you just need to know how to use it :P

    I would have tons of more to talk, but so few people here even have a PS3, so it would be for nothing <.<

  2. #2
    Fanatic Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    630
    Posts
    3,221

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    How did you get into to the beta?

  3. #3
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,420

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    Quote Originally Posted by la
    How did you get into to the beta?
    Its public.

  4. #4
    Tsu
    Tsu is offline
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    Quote Originally Posted by la
    How did you get into to the beta?
    We have to preorder over here.

    AMAZING.
    Theres so much new stuff since the original, one of the deepest games in a while.
    You can actually lay on your stomach, play dead, and when someone walks by you can roll onto your back and start shooting.

    When a grenade goes off near you, you go into a simi ragdoll mode that looks pretty sweet when you smack into a wall

  5. #5
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada :D
    Posts
    1,354

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    Man, I've been looking for a reason to buy a Ps3 but nothing has really sparked my interest, but Metal gear solid 4, and it having MGO might push me to buy a Ps3.I think I remember a thing about Mgs4 coming to the 360. But from what I know, there hasn't been anything on Mgs4 on 360, has there?
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

  6. #6
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,420

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Belowxero
    Man, I've been looking for a reason to buy a Ps3 but nothing has really sparked my interest, but Metal gear solid 4, and it having MGO might push me to buy a Ps3.I think I remember a thing about Mgs4 coming to the 360. But from what I know, there hasn't been anything on Mgs4 on 360, has there?
    No, that rumour has been put to rest millions of times.
    You want MGS, buy PS3 :P

  7. #7
    Fanatic Enthusiast Toastmaster's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,999

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    MGS4 is probably what will get me to buy a PS3 this year. Especially the multiplayer aspect, since it's so much more about stealth instead of the run-shoot-die-respawn thing that's been standard since Counter-strike made it big.

  8. #8
    Fanatic Enthusiast


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    630
    Posts
    3,221

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    MGS4 is probably what will get me to buy a PS3 this year. Especially the multiplayer aspect, since it's so much more about stealth instead of the run-shoot-die-respawn thing that's been standard since Counter-strike made it big.
    There's a MGS4 + PS3 80 GB bundle that I recommend if your going to buy a PS3 for that game anyway.

  9. #9
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada :D
    Posts
    1,354

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    Quote Originally Posted by la
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    MGS4 is probably what will get me to buy a PS3 this year. Especially the multiplayer aspect, since it's so much more about stealth instead of the run-shoot-die-respawn thing that's been standard since Counter-strike made it big.
    There's a MGS4 + PS3 80 GB bundle that I recommend if your going to buy a PS3 for that game anyway.
    Really? I'll have to check out that deal
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

  10. #10
    Tsu
    Tsu is offline
    Fanatic Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,584

    Re: Metal Gear Online

    mgo pwns.

    Imagine xneaking up on someone, grabbing him, and while choking him bring him down to the ground, sit on his back, and when he falls asleep pat him on the butt.
    (seriusly, press triangle)

    Then saluting the sleeping man, and then shooting him in the head.


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •