Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I?

Fanatic Enthusiast

Should I?

Well, I'm in desperate need of a new computer. My CSS averages 30-60 fps. So, I've been looking at computers. I'm thinking of saving up for this one: http://www.vigorgaming.com/product/c...ereconaxe.html((Customized to my liking, coming up at $1518)) Looks good, eh? But, I could go cheaper, and get This ((Which custom for me, would come to $1175.))

Any suggestions? The customizations mainly include painting cobalt blue, best graphics card they have, $25 mouse and keyboard, and that's all off the top of my head. Any suggestions?

Re: Should I?

Build your own computer and save a lots of money!
    This is what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Build your own computer and save a lots of money!
    This is what I did.
    Depends what your building, At one time it was the best way but now prices are quite low on alot of similar systems. Another bad thing is warranty, as only the parts you buy have a single warranty so when theres a problem you have debug to find which bit of hardware is failing, whereas on a brought machine you have a warranty for the entire system. But it depends.

Back to the original post I can advise simply due to the fact I dont know what costs what in ameria for computer components.

Fanatic Enthusiast

You really should build your own. If you do, buy your components from http://www.newegg.com It's much cheaper than buying your parts from a store.

Sometimes the higher price tag is worth having a warrenty least you have a fall back if your computer dies due to hardware failure. Still I dont know US prices, still I recommend buying one if you have limited or no PC building knowledge, and want a warrenty.

Like others said, build your own, and if your not sure how to do it, google it, and you get some really helpful tips and instructions, so nothing should go wrong, and if you want to be careful, I have a feeling that you can get warranties for all the parts. I'm building my own right now.
    Oh, and thanks la, I just bought a load of parts from that site for waaay less money than I could have paid for them.

You'll get a warrenty of each single item most probably, problem is your expected to know which part is failing if one does, which is a task if you dont have another rig to test out hardware on. Whereas buying a setup from a store normally gives you a full warrenty.

I've built machines in the past where parts of hardware simply have been faulty right out of the box, though most shouldnt but still.

Though if your confident in building your own and dont mind not having a full warrenty go for it.

Darkdemon has some good points that he keeps repeting at each posts, Suggest you people read his posts before saying: Build your own.

Him

If you need it fast, buy the pricy stuff. If you feel like being a bit adventurous, build. But take into account all that has been said.

i want to try building my own computer, could be fun. My dads friend built his own high powered car. Very fast it is.
    Stupid like a box.
    Courtesy.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by James
    Oh, and thanks la, I just bought a load of parts from that site for waaay less money than I could have paid for them.
    lmao that sounds sarcastic.

also, if you can't make a decision you should side with Darkdemon because he most likely has more experience with this kind of stuff then anyone else in this thread combined. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast