Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Vista

Vista

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdo ... i=2917&p=3

So this guy is saying, 3gb's of Ram to be able to enjoy the OS to it's maximum, I was thinking about upgrading to Vista, but I don't have a lot of memory at all(512mb), so I was wondering if anyone could tell me of their experience concerning the amount of Ram you have, and how well the os runs, (the os in question being Vista obviously lol).

I'm going to of course have to get more Ram, but I'd like to be able to do other things other than just run the os, so I need a solid number that isn't going to kill me on price.
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Pat

Re: Vista

Well, according to sauces. 2GB's is the reccomended if you want it to run at a nice speed, 1gb will get you along though

Vista will simply die on 512MB, 2GB is really needed.

Well, as I do play games a lot, if I got 2gb's would that leave me with enough memory to play them, sans lag? Counter-Strike, WoW, DoD, BF2, over all comp specs aren't good enough to run the really new stuff yet lol.
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Should be, you'll most likely get over just over a gig free resources depending on what you run on a idle basis. I've worked that out with me running antivirus and a few other things on a 2 gig vista setup. More is always best specially for gaming, so if you can push it go a little higher.

I think that depending on what vista version you get may have a small impact on it too. My mother runs a vista basic machine with two gigs it has few less features but this of course means its gonna be slightly less of a resource hog.

Back to your gaming question, I can run bf2142 on a full specs on vista premium with 2gig, with no problems. However I do have a decent graphics card which is always an important factor. But the core setup can handle it without an issue.

- Hope that helps.