Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Hero 4

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Guitar Hero 4

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/ ... .13751.htm

My friend brought over this magazine yesterday, and it looks to me like Guitar hero 4 is going to be awesome. Things they say are in Guitar Hero 4 are

Drums & vocals (unfortunately, I never liked the idea of huge equipment in my room)
    Create your own song
    Create your own rocker

There might be more, I didn't do much research on it. What are your guy's thoughts about it?

Re: Guitar Hero 4

Let's call it Rock Band 2!
    Create your own song is the only original Idea so far,
    I just wonder how it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Yeah, obviously they have to make due with what they're given (competition has drums, so must they)

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Create your own song is the only original Idea so far,
    I just wonder how it will work.
    I knew someone was going to say that, I agree.
    I disagree with the implementation of other instruments, as this game is called 'GUITAR Hero', they should stick with the guitar, but use careers for bass and rhythm as well.

Create a rocker, it's about fucking time. How did it take them three successful games to realise that this was the way forward? They have time to prepare it, so it had better not only give you an option of about four head types, I hope there is real depth to the creation, like in an NBA game.

Create your own song is also a good idea. Not too many people would use it though, I still like the idea though. The only way before was the 'customs', and you needed a PC game version or PS2 version for that, which was gay.

I hope they change the layout of the game itself, the current one actually annoys me. Different shapes would be good, I think Rock Bands are much better (rectangles). They surprised me in GH3 with the Battle thing, I hope they introduce more interesting things like that, other game types that is.

Gud songs lyk linkn prak dis tym pls. Seriously though, a few better songs would be good, by some decent artists. GH1 and GH2 songs sucked, GH3 did a good job, but I can't believe the hardest song was Through The Fire and (fucking) Flames, I mean c'mon.. Dragonforce.

I'm looking forward to this, looks good.

I would probably buy this game anyway, merely for the Create your Rocker feature, I think it'd be awesome.

This looks waaaaay better than Guitar Hero 3.
    More functionality and features.
    Can't wait.

@Jack: The create a rocker will be notably customizable, considering it's from the makers of Tony Hawks, it will be very similar to create a skater.

Also, hopefully the vocalist's mouth won't be as creepy in this one.

Dedicated Member

Yay! Then I won't have to keep using Lars!

Seriously, I heard that they were coming out with a Guitar Hero 4, and Aerosmith, but I thought Aerosmith was the fourth.

<3!

lol, I loved GH2 and GH3.. this will be amazing.

I do think that its kinda stupid to have drums in a "Guitar Hero" game. I'm not complaining though, being a drummer, I've really wanted to see how I compare to the guitar on the game. The create and charactor and song is also gonna be great.

I wonder what make of guitar they will use this time. and whether you get a choice of body when you buy the game this time.

Can't wait!

EDIT: and yeah, they better bring out some decent solo's this time. Some real old school stuff as well as "new school" lol
    Evenin&#39; - PM?

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Gud songs lyk linkn prak dis tym pls. Seriously though, a few better songs would be good, by some decent artists. GH1 and GH2 songs sucked, GH3 did a good job.
    That's complete opinion. I thought Guitar Hero 1 had the best songs out of all the games, and I think Linkin Park is terrible.

The create a rocker thing should be great especially since it will probably resemble Tony Hawk. And since this game has money, they'll probably make it like Soul Calibur 3, where you can buy a ton more for extra customization.

And create a song seems weird. Not sure how they're going to approach that, but it will probably be good in the end.

Last but not least, drums and vocals aren't a good step. I hated them both in Rock Band.

Edit: Wikipedia is loaded with stuff already - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_4
    According to Game Informer, RedOctane is developing a new guitar controller for the game that is tied with a new gameplay mechanic in order to "make the guitar as expressive as a real guitar", according to developer Scott Pease. While the actual change is not yet known, Game Informer suggests that it may involve either fret sliding or improvisation sections.
    The "Advanced Studio" mode allows the creation of completely new pieces of music, and is stated by Game Informer to be similar to Apple's GarageBand software.
    Five bands have been confirmed for the game: Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park, Sublime, and Dream Theater.
    Yes Jack, there is Linkin Park. And from what I've heard from others, Dream Theater won't be easy to master :3

Enthusiast

I FUCKING CAME

DREAM THEATER HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Sorry...

I've waited three fucking long ass games for this.

Want a sig like the one above? I am taking requests in my thread here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast