Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Battlefiled: Bad Company DEMO

If you haven't already found out, the demo for Battlefield: Bad Company is up on the Playstation Store and Xbox LIVE. It has a sample of campaign gameplay and online with the map Oasis.

This game is better than I thought it would be. If you tried it, what did you think of it?

Re: Battlefiled: Bad Company DEMO

Damn I'm thinking on buying it for later, but I dont know a thing about it. Do you have anything to comment about the "wonderful" enviromental destruction? do you think it's over-rated? any info about it would be greatly appreciated

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    Damn I'm thinking on buying it for later, but I dont know a thing about it. Do you have anything to comment about the "wonderful" enviromental destruction? do you think it's over-rated? any info about it would be greatly appreciated
    The destruction actually sucks pretty big time, there is shitloads of these magical walls that wont go down no matter what. That wouldnt be a big thing, but theres too many of these walls.
    Another thing i dislike is how much you need to shoot a guy before he goes down, its not unsual that you shoot a full clip from close range and the guy just keeps coming at you, and using the knife is pain in the ass compared to CoD.

Thats the major downsides, otherwise its very satisfying game, and snipers are awesome.

E: Oh and one huge downside is that you cant lay down, you can only crouch <.<

Fanatic Enthusiast

I don't know why everyone is complaining about killing people. For me, with any assault rifle it's only about 20 shots max, which takes about 2 seconds to fire.

Also, has anyone else tried exploding a huge hole in the ground and hiding in it? That's too funny.

Also, Snigee, after you pull out your knife, you can use it by pressing the button you normally use for firing your weapon, which is a lot easier. And I already have about 20 dog tags, it's not too hard.

wtf 20 shots to kill down a guy? Iwas looking for a realistic game, not a sci-fi one : (. It shouldn't be like that.
    Now I'm not too sure of buying it >.<

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Xemozu
    wtf 20 shots to kill down a guy? I'was looking for a realistic game, not a sci-fi one : (. It shouldn't be like that.
    Now I'm not too sure of buying it >.<
    It only takes a second to shoot someone down, and it's not sci-fi wtf?

Why can't you just play the demo?

Because I don't have xbox live.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by kickass
    Also, Snigee, after you pull out your knife, you can use it by pressing the button you normally use for firing your weapon, which is a lot easier. And I already have about 20 dog tags, it's not too hard.
    I do know that, but its still clunky and just way worse when compared to CoD where you could play the whole round with a knife.
    Now its either that you hit someone in the back, or then its just pure luck.

Fanatic Enthusiast

takes 1 shotgun blast to kill a guy at sufficient range. the snipe is massively superior to all other weapons which is kind of a bummer. i raped the entire enemy team on oasis by camp-sniping across the river, they had no idea i was there. i was getting headshots every time because people just dont move about unless they're in a vehicle.

its fun, like battlefield should be, but it lags quite heavily, especially later at night [from the uk, about 5 pm US time]. possibly because its a beta, but whatever.
    i like the geo mod, its pretty awesome. if you could destroy 'everything' it'd be shit, people would just crawl tanks and blow a massive trench through the entire level and make it boring, but owning a big stack of sandbags with a grenade launcher is pretty good.

didnt like the single player at all.
    Elite Forgotten

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

I thought the single player was pretty much garbage. Even on the harder difficulty, it was still difficult to die. Not to mention that your squad seems pretty boring and static.

Aside from the massive lagness of multiplayer, I found that it was decent. Artillery seems a bit cheap though, even though I haven't unlocked it so I don't know how hard it is to use. The second Support gun you get is ridiculously powerful though. I mowed down most of a team with one clip <_<
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn&#39;t need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast