Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: mac or windows ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • mac

0 0%
  • windows

10 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the life changing debate

ok so next weekend im buying a new laptop but i cant stop thinking "mac or windows", i am willing to spend around 350. of course the more money i save the better i will be able to afford. so please reply cos im stumped

Re: the life changing debate

It's more up to you to be honest;

Windows: It has more programs, customization with Control panel and remove / add programs.

Mac: Considered the more animation-wise choice, although I don't know how.

Flash can go on both.
    Pivot goes only on windows.
    And usually popular products (free) like toribash go on both.

I would say windows, but don't necessarily go for it because it costs more or whatever, look at the specs of the hardware, like: Graphics card, memory, network card, etc.
    You can always tweak your laptop to run both Windows and Mac.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Mmmmmmmmeh. I just chose the thing I have. Windows.

If I were to get a new computer...I would highly consider a Mac, because I really have no use for the things that are "Windows only", though it would be hard to get used to.

Oh well, I won't have to make the decision anyway, I'm poor

Enthusiast

Inside your animashunz having fun with Mr. default :D

There is no pivot for Mac, so if you want Pivot, then you have to get windows.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFire
    If I were to get a new computer...I would highly consider a Mac, because I really have no use for the things that are "Windows only", though it would be hard to get used to.
    so you have no use for pivot

Enthusiast

Inside your animashunz having fun with Mr. default :D

Quote Originally Posted by blobylob2000
    Most people have two computers. Like my dad has a Mac (doesn't really use it, he uses my windows computer) and i have windows.

So he could be using another computer?

Well, guess what. No one is better. In recent benchmarking tests, they actually almost tied with bog standard stuff. (No not systems with Zalman 9700 CPU coolers on an overclocked 3.5ghz quad core Phenom). So really, it's just preference of operating system. Neither is better.

Quote Originally Posted by blobylob2000
    Eh, not really <_<>_>

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblade

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS. FROZEN DON'T ANIMITATE ANYMOAR. OSHT YOU GUYS BETTER SHIT YOUR PANTS BECAUSE THIS IS BREAKING NEWS AND I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT IT WAS LIKE OBVIOUS.

Next On Cnn:Why we Believe Jack Thompson Is Jesus.

*commercial break*
    I understand you want to be funny, but you failed and this doesnt belong in this thread. Keep it to the spam pit aight.

Anyway, I went for windows because I use it and it works fine for me. Just... try and get XP... vista is just... eh.
    anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. << link to my newest animation

Fads suck, and you suck for joining one
    By including this in your signature you relinquish all respect by me and any relative incarnations I might be in at the time. Noob

I hear you can wine pretty much anything these days, but I don't know how much processing speed that takes away from you. But my arguement probably still holds: If you want games, or anything not immediately work-related, get Windows. Almost no software comes out for mac, and definately not games.

Ofcourse theres some exceptions, some freeware programmers port their programs, and sometimes even game developers get high enough to not see how stupid it is to do it and release their game for the mac.

But still as a general rule: macs have no actual advantage and a lot of flaws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast