Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vista

Fanatic Enthusiast

Vista

I don't know where this goes, staff may move as needed.

Alright, I might upgrade to vista using my birthday money. I need the pros and cons, and I can only afford to buy the basic. Should I save up, buy a different version, not buy it, or buy basic. Pros and Cons of all versions welcomed. As said before, staff may move as needed.

Re: Vista

If you're using XP, I serioudly wouldn't waste the money. I'm using Vista right now, it runs perfectly fine and I'm not having any problems with it (apart from certain games not running no matter what I try) but theres just no real difference from XP that makes it worth spending money on.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

When I got my new computer it had Vista and I loved the look of it. I hear fro ma lot of people that it's much worse than xp though, I don't see why :/

Enthusiast

VISTA

Pros:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Cons:

-Vista
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Got it? :O
    ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????)

Overall, Vista is...fine.

There's no reason to pay for it (Yet). It's not much better than XP, except for the look, which can be mimicked with skins and such.

And yes, some games don't work for Vista. Alas, there's not much we can do. If you get a new computer with vista pre-installed, fine. But I don't see a real reason to change from XP to Vista otherwise.
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

Quote Originally Posted by IntrustinglyActive
    VISTA

Pros:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Cons:

-Vista
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Got it? :O
    No, actually that's not helpful at all.

Anyways, from my uses of both XP and Vista. I feel that there is nothing wrong with Vista, but, I for one wouldn't spend the money for it. In my opinion, I would only have it on my computer if it was pre-installed, or someone I knew had it and let me buy the upgrade off them for $50. What that is (I'm not positive so this may be incorrect) but when someone buys Vista Ultimate that person can then buy up to 5 upgrade versions of Vista Home Premium for $50 each. Which I'm pretty sure you just buy on the website, get a key, then upgrade your system.

So basically, if you have XP, your best bet would probably be to stick with it. Vista Basic is just a waste of money (from what I hear) and is pretty much the same thing as XP. If you were to actually buy it, Home Premium would probably be a good choice.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Alright, thanks for the info all. I'll stick with xp for now, and might get a new computer soon that'll probably have vista installed, but we'll get there when I decide to. You may lock now.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Purple
    Alright, thanks for the info all. I'll stick with xp for now, and might get a new computer soon that'll probably have vista installed, but we'll get there when I decide to. You may lock now.
    Just a quick inb4, yeah, stick with XP. Vista comes standard with most PCs now so there's no point wasting your money yet.

I feel like I just repeated what everyone else says

Enthusiast

One more thing, That when you do get a new computer, and have to get vista, Get premium. I had Basic, Then when I got a new computer, I got premium, Much better.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

Just get what you're given. I'm fine with Vista Home Basic. Just seems as annoying as XP : 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast