Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    sgt

graphic card problems

ok so im starting to get pissed of at the fact that my graphics card sucks and i can't even play halo on highest graphics <.< , i dont want to overclock it because im on a laptop and laptop's fans are weak so can anyone suggest a way of making my graphics card slightly better ?

oh ye and i have a nvidia geforce 7000m

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

Re: graphic card problems

I don't see what you're complaining about. My computer could never go close to supporting Halo at it's minimum graphics..

Your stuck. Laptops aren't meant for gaming unless they were truly made for it. You can't replace the GPU either. Many Laptops have a locked BIOS too so you may not be able to OC it at all. Most you would be able to do is increase the dedicated video memory.

Like Sticky said you dont really have many options. Some and only some gaming laptops you can remove the graphics card most you cant. If it's a gaming a laptop you maybe able to overclock things just like on my dell XPS. Otherwise options in the bios will be locked out.

Other than that your limited on a laptop. The only other viable advice I can give is up the ram which always helps if your not at your max capcity, though it'll only improve to a certain amount largely depending on the value you currently have installed.

sgt

well i opened BIOS but unfortuanatly i could not change the video RAM, so thanks anyway

oh and i have 2gig RAM so i dont think that it will make a differnece upgrading

Well, usually the max is 4 gigs, and yes it will help. If you have vista, speed will rise dramatically and games can get some better FPS. It may require more cooling though, so a nice little Targus cooling pad is affordable if you agree to that option.

Yeah bud, I don't think you can....as everyone is saying...the whole locked BIOS thing.

Only thing I could really suggest you do but you don't have to...is try playing something else like Counter Strike Source cause that is bound to run on your laptop because it runs on mine almost perfectly...only de, cs, and some other maps types for me tend to lag...

It's either that or get an actual gaming computer or a computer with some great specs like the one I have...

3gb RAM, nVIDIA GT (Maxed), etc.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.