Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Impossible physics capabilities in Crysis

This proves an excellent point, Crysis on the side acts as a physics sim in some cases but if it's stressed the framerate is greatly it takes the enjoyability out of gaming.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VaHS-y_mapQ&feature=related

Now watch the video, if graphics cards had the power to do this, how much do you think they would cost?
    How long do you think a card like this could come out?

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Impossible physics capabilities in Crysis

I'm pretty sure Adam's PC could run Crysis on very high with no problem.

I think computers are too expensive compared to the things a $300 xbox 360 or a $400 ps3 could do. I've spent more than $300 on upgrades for my pc but I'm still forced to play games like tf2 on low settings, and it's only 3 years old.

Which PC does he (Adam) have?
    How long do you think a card like this could come out?
    Isn't that actual game footage of the game? If not, what is is?
    (sorry, I'm a little slow)
    Courtsey

Awesome rpg forum by Sambob:

Bert's New Forum:

Wanna Earn Free money?: http://bux.to/?r=Plan%20A

I use it. It is not a scam. It is awesome. (Please use me as a referrer)

Alright, if you read the video correctly the first example was not constituent with the recorder's framerate, he set it up so that every frame rendered (which probably took more than 30 seconds) at 0.1 fps. He sped it up as if it was rendered in real time. Basically his card could render the graphics but couldn't handle running them at a normal speed.

Gah, basically this thread is about thinking ahead.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kickass
    I'm pretty sure Adam's PC could run Crysis on very high with no problem.

I think computers are too expensive compared to the things a $300 xbox 360 or a $400 ps3 could do. I've spent more than $300 on upgrades for my pc but I'm still forced to play games like tf2 on low settings, and it's only 3 years old.
    I doubt Adam's computer could handle Crysis on very high with no problem. Crysis is sort of like Far Cry. When it first came out, NOTHING could run it near max settings. No matter how much money you invested in a computer, the technology just wasn't there to play it comfortably at max settings. Crysis wasn't so ridiculous, but it was the same idea.

Anyways, I really can imagine this in the future with no problems. I remember reading some Playstation magazine and they had a feature of what PS3 graphics would look like. At the time, I was like "HOLY SHIT OMGF", but now I have the mindset of "They're really good, but they could be better." I'm sure that in the near future graphics will be amazing compared to now, but by the time we reach that point we will be gradually exposed to better graphics to the point that it won't be that impressive.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Pat

We can play it on all high, you just have to be willing to spend over $9000 on a skulltrail system with a 3 or 4 way GTX280 sli, or wehn they come out a 4 way 4870X2

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan
    lol I remember playing the N64 and I was like "WHOLLY FUCK 3D." Well, I'm pretty sure I can run Crysis on high, as well as dark_emperer. My computer runs at a 2.8 ghz, and his was 3 something.
    Lol, I remember playing goldeneye. "Holy crap! Look how real it looks!"

Still, My computer might not be able to play Crysis on Low

Well, I think I play Css at about Med or high...So, I really don't know the "Low" specs for Crysis.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

I wouldn't wait for graphics cards that are able to render physics at that rate. I would be more excited about upcomming physics cards able to do the very same thing very soon.

to run crysis on ultra high, you'd have to spend a hell of a lot of money to get the GPU's. I mean, 9800GX2's running quad-SLi just barely hits 57 FPS. That's around 900 bucks in GPU's to get a great FPS. Really, crysis is a great benchmark, but not worth the money just to get gameplay. To render those physics you would have to fork out for a beast of a PC as of now.
    I would take my post as fact, due to I'm going off of benchmarks and opinions/internet stuff.
    Also, lol@pat. You could build a PC for games like Crysis for only 1500 bucks, not over 90- oh. I see what you did there.