Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

WoW coming to an xbox near you

Quote Originally Posted by gamespot.com
    Part gossip, part geek fantasy, the World of Warcraft Xbox 360 rumor has been around for a while. Prior to E3 2005 in May, scuttlebutt was rampant that Microsoft would announce that the massively multiplayer role-playing game was coming to its next-gen console at its press conference. The company did indeed announce a 360 MMORPG...problem was it was Final Fantasy XI, which is already available for both the PC and PlayStation 2--hardly a system-selling title.

Were WoW to become available for the 360, though, it would be a much different story. Given World of Warcraft's popularity--it already has over 4.5 million subscribers and has been among the top five top-selling PC games since its 2004 release--many gamers would gladly buy a 360 just to get in on the Azeroth action. Also, the PC hardware required to run the game costs several times the hard drive-enabled 360's $399 sticker price.

Enthusiasm for a 360 WoW was flared up with the recent discovery of several Blizzard job listings for next-generation console positions. The site has positions for next-gen engine programmers, next-gen tools programmers, and next-gen game physics/collision programmers.

So will the Xbox 360 be WoW-ed? It is a possibility. However, a more likely scenario was outlined this past February, when Blizzard sent out a product catalog that announced that Starcraft: Ghost was "coming soon to next-generation consoles." Though a rep said the ad was a misprint and denied the long-delayed console game was in development for next-gen platforms, the game's current release window, Q2 2006, is the same as that of the PlayStation 3. Mere coincidence, perchance?
    What are your thoughts about World of Warcraft coming to xbox?
    [center:2rpd5r61][/center:2rpd5r61]

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: WoW coming to an xbox near you

Why did you use a two year old quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera
    Why did you use a two year old quote?
    Haha.

Anyway, I don't really care to play WoW anyway, so I don't care.
    If for some reason that did ever happen, all it means is that some 360 owners would also stop having a social life.

Though I don't even see how an MMORPG could be put on a console, and still work the same in the first place <_<

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

That would not work at all. There is no way that any MMORPG could be adequately controlled using a controller.

Anyways, as Chimera pointed out, that's from years ago. If it was rumored back then, it would have definately been confirmed by now. Locked.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn&#39;t need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    That would not work at all. There is no way that any MMORPG could be adequately controlled using a controller.

Anyways, as Chimera pointed out, that's from years ago. If it was rumored back then, it would have definately been confirmed by now. Locked.
    What he said. There's no way you could use over like, 25 attacks, while still having to control your character using a controller. Perhaps if there was a dumbed down version I could see it working, but that wouldn't be a seller at all. Well, actually, seeing how people buy games these days, it probably would.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Oh shit, I said I'd lock this but I never did.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn&#39;t need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]