Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: E3

E3

Just got done watching the "Spotlight on Microsoft" portion of E3. I was horrified at some of the things they showed.

Sure, they showed some pretty cool games there, but yet again they spent 90% of the time in fancy Powerpoint presentations about how perfect the 360 is, and talking about movies and TV shows that are available.

And then the real horror began. With a software update. It turned the 360 dashboard interface into some generic blank space with some little squares with pictures in them, and a bunch of cartoony little Mii's were everywhere.
    So yes, they've completely ripped off Nintendo, and not even taken one of the good ideas. I don't want my display picture to be a childish cartoon version of myself. I don't want to waste time building one, or having anything to do with one.
    The new dashboard is just so fugly. I really hope they give you the choice to stick with the old design.
    The software update is coming out in Fall apparently.

Once that was over, they continued to show more movies and children's games that were coming out. Because that seems to be the big staple of this generation. "We want to unite everyone with hugs and flowers, instead of good games "

Overall, It was a huge disappointment. There were only like 2 worthwhile clips of videogames. Microsoft seems to be a bunch of old men who are trying too hard to be "hip", and trying to force this "Casual gaming" down everyone's throats. I'm sad now.

But E3 is still going on all week, that's when they will start showing the real stuff off.
    If you have G4 where you live, check in on it.

Or go to www.g4tv.com/e3

Re: E3

I've also heard this mii rip, as you make 3D avatars instead of the gamerpic we currently have. I'll have a look at the E3 conference and join you in your dissapointment.

I've not seen much yet but I have seen what the new dashboard will look like. I'm not a great fan of it either. Perhaps a too bigger change for me. I'm not fussed about avatar / characters either, it's the games that keep me coming back. So I couldn't careless whats brought in as long as the games are great I'll be hooked.

I'm a big fan of the XNA development though, it'll keep me busy for sometime.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Yeah, they also get FFXIII. Sony needs to pull something big tomorrow if they want to stay in the game.

GET A BLOG
    Anyway I'm right on with you.
    The Mii shit is gay and Microsoft fucked up.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Quote Originally Posted by Nour :3
    GET A BLOG
    Anyway I'm right on with you.
    The Mii shit is gay and Microsoft fucked up.
    I'm simply expressing my opinion just as much as any other thread in this section, so gtfo.
    This isn't JUST a rant thread.

This made me cry

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/blog/post/686 ... oller.html

I see what you mean now, I think this is a big disappointment.
    Keep the good games rolling in but keep the strange rip-off ideas out

Yeah, they're ripping people off to balls but I'm sure it'll work to their favor in the end.

I'm pretty excited about the new Banjo game even though it'll prolly blow ass.

I'm not really all that impressed but it's fun to see how it'll end up. AUYAYAYAYAYA

I noticed the mention of a south park game, that should be interesting.

Fanatic Enthusiast

sony pretty much owns japan anyway, theres about 6 people in that country playing the 360

ff13 is going to be nuts, cant wait for it. about time there was another big title on both consoles. cod4 is the only one i can think of.
    Elite Forgotten

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast