Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

COD4-Prestige mode.

so, how many time have you all been through prestige?

I haven't played lately but I think I have been through four times.

discuss?
    [center:24x88k7r]
    [/center:24x88k7r][center:24x88k7r][/center:24x88k7r]

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Re: COD4-Prestige mode.

I did it once, then stopped at 32 on my second prestige. The main reason is that I got so bored playing CoD, because the difficulty never got any harder. No matter how long I played, the average skill of my opponents would never change and I never felt like I was getting better. The main reason I still play Halo is that as I rank up (especially in MLG lolz) the opponents get WAY harder, so I actually have to work to get my level up. I just didn't see the point of getting free EXP in CoD and having prestige mean nothing more than how much time you invested in the game.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

I was on my third. I kinda lost interest in CoD 4, but I got up to level 18 only using snipers, trying to use only snipers this prestige. Don't know if I'll ever finish it, but it was fun.

I find it pointless, I'm not wasting my time with it.
    Basically, it's a way to say "Hey look, I have too much free time"

I hate to see people waste away their lives by prestigeing (however you spell that) at least 7 or even 10 times. As far as I'm concerned, they're fanatics and I've removed them from my friends list.

I just hate to play with people who literally find it appeasing to keep on playing although they've reached the highest possible rank. It just annoys me. A good example is werez who is literally on 24/7 cod4 and literally plays nothing else. I believe pistol also gave up his activity here and made a clan of 10prestige morons.

Basically I've lost interest in all shooters except the ones that allow you to play regardless of skill (ie GTA).

To answer the question though, I prestiged once already, and then boredom set in and I haven't played in a long while. I prefer playing through the single-player on veteran because it's just much more challenging and makes me feel as if I'm accomplishing something otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    I hate to see people waste away their lives by prestigeing (however you spell that) at least 7 or even 10 times. As far as I'm concerned, they're fanatics and I've removed them from my friends list.

I just hate to play with people who literally find it appeasing to keep on playing although they've reached the highest possible rank. It just annoys me. A good example is werez who is literally on 24/7 cod4 and literally plays nothing else. I believe pistol also gave up his activity here and made a clan of 10prestige morons.

Basically I've lost interest in all shooters except the ones that allow you to play regardless of skill (ie GTA).

To answer the question though, I prestiged once already, and then boredom set in and I haven't played in a long while. I prefer playing through the single-player on veteran because it's just much more challenging and makes me feel as if I'm accomplishing something otherwise.
    Prestiging is just an option, so that you have 'bragging rights' to improve your e-penis. It's not like the point of multiplayer games are to get as high level as possible and quit <_<

I still play it, because it's still fun. But if you've played it to death, it's understandable you'd stop. But the whole "Reaching highest level and quitting because there's nothing more to accomplish" seems kinda stupid. I'm not sure if that's what you even meant though.

Y - Yes, but I just don't understand why people would continue playing if they've spent 336 hours on it ._. its just unhealthy

2nd prestige level 47 i think, haven't played it for some time.

I've never turned it on, I find it useless.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda

lulz. i don't play to get to the highest rank, i find that prestiging makes it more fun for me. but either way, i'm at 9th prestige. >_>

Ex-Intermediate Animator
    Ex-Photoshop Artist
    Ex-Virgin (LOL JKS)

The only reason I did prestige, was that it was something to do. I didn't want to just sit at level 55, using all of the best weapons, I enjoyed the strive to unlock new weapons and stuff. So prestige-ing allowed me to have something to work for, and kept it a little more interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast