Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Diablo 2 question

Do any of you have any extra Diablo 2 and/or D2: LoD cd keys because I'm totally missing my games and can't find them anywhereeee and I'm really urging to play it haha
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Enthusiast

Re: Diablo 2 question

Not trying to give illegal advice, and sorry if I am, but srsly, if you need to play it that bad, just find a private server or something...
    ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????)

8. Do not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are within this group.

Sorry Santy, but basically you are breaking a rule asking for someone elses CD-Key (Reason being because you pirating a CD-Key by asking someone else), might I suggest buying a new copy of the disc and using that CD-Key to install or whatever it is you need to do.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    8. Do not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated software or other contraband while you are within this group.

Sorry Santy, but basically you are breaking a rule asking for someone elses CD-Key (Reason being because you pirating a CD-Key by asking someone else), might I suggest buying a new copy of the disc and using that CD-Key to install or whatever it is you need to do.

Giving someone a gift isn't theft, nor is it piracy. If a CD-key is in working order, that means it hasn't been used, therefore has been purchased and 100% legal. What the guy mentioned above is piracy. I'd say this is still pretty far fetched though, considering it's comparable to giving someone a 20 dollar game. Also, I'm fairly sure you can buy keys online for like, 10-ish dollars as long as you've got the disc.

For one, he owns the game...he was asking for another key for free...that is piracy basically...

http://www.computerhope.com/under.htm That explains everything...for those who don't want to open it, there is an article here about it...

Introduction

Computer Hope has created this page for both educational purposes and to help educate end-users on what to avoid when on the Internet and why to avoid these sections of the Internet.

CD-KEY numbers

CD-KEYs allow users to install computer software onto their computer. Computer Hope frequently gets requests from users for CD-KEY numbers for various types of applications.

Computer Hope will not give any user any CD-KEY number whether or not the user has purchased the software. Below are reasons why not to give out your CD-KEY numbers to friends or other individuals.

1. It's illegal.
    2. Giving your CD-KEY number may prevent you from logging onto Internet games, as only one CD-KEY is allowed per user.
    3. May prevent you from obtaining updates to the software that may fix issues with your program.
    4. More than one CD-KEY number on a network may prevent you from running the program.

If you have lost your CD-KEY it is recommended you contact the software developer of the program or operating system you are attempting to install and obtain a new number.

Serial numbers

Serial numbers, like CD-KEYs, are unique numbers that help identify users with their software.

Like CD-KEY numbers, Computer Hope will not give any user a serial number whether or not the user has purchased the software. Below are reasons why not to give out your CD-KEYs.

1. It's illegal.
    2. Giving your serial number may prevent you from logging onto Internet games, as only one serial number is allowed per user.
    3. May prevent you from obtaining updates to the software that may fix issues with your program.
    4. More than one serial number on a network may prevent you from running the program.

If you have lost your serial number for your software program, please contact the developer of the program.

Brain dumps

A brain dump is a listing of questions and sometimes answers created by individuals who have taken a test and remember the questions and/or answers and quickly write down what they remember after taking the test. Once these have been written down, the individual can easily locate the correct answer on the Internet or through documentation. Brain dumps can help allow users not familiar with a test subject to memorize the test questions and answers helping enable them pass a test. While this may sound beneficial, below reasons are why we recommend you do not utilize brain dumps.

1. It's considered cheating.
    2. You may be learning information that is incorrect, causing you to do worse on a test.
    3. If caught, your certification can be permanently removed from you and your credibility will be lost.
    4. The whole design of tests are to 'test' the user of their knowledge of the test subject. If you cheat to pass the test, you may gain a certification, however, when the time comes to know the information, you will more likely fail.

Warez

Warez, also known as pirated software, has been and continues to be a serious issue for the computer industry. Below are highly recommended reasons not to pirate or download warez.

1. It's illegal
    2. One of the most common ways to get computer viruses.
    3. Causes lost profits for computer companies, which can contribute to higher prices, less innovation, and possibly the down fall of the company.
    4. You receive no support from the company and no documentation for the software product. In addition, if Computer Hope finds out you are trying to obtain support for a pirated product, we will no longer support you.
    5. You will receive no free upgrades, offers, updates, or patches.
    6. If you are pirating computer games that are playable over the Internet, you more than likely will not be able to play the game with your friends.

With the popularity of purchasing software over the Internet, piracy is invading into several types of Internet Sites. Auction pages where users can bid on software is an ever growing location for the sale of pirated software. When purchasing software over the Internet, ensure that you are purchasing a legal copy of software by following the below guidelines.

1. Ensure the place of purchase has a return policy and contact information.
    2. If the price sounds to good to be true, it probably is.
    3. Do not purchase beta software.
    4. Do not purchase software that is described as CD only or with no other documentation.
    5. Do not purchase software that is on CD-R or CD-RW.

Hackz

Hackz or Hacks are instructions or software that help enable a user to gain additional access to computer systems and information. Below are reasons that we highly recommend you do not utilize these techniques or programs.

1. Obtaining access to information or computers without permission is illegal and you could face criminal prosecution.
    2. Some software that may claim to do one thing may do another. For example, software that may promise to gain you access to another individual's computer may allow other hackers to get access to your information (aka Trojan Horses).
    3. Getting hack software is high risk software for computer viruses.

Crackz

Crackz are utilities that allow a user to bypass potential protection measures a company has created to prevent software piracy. Below are reasons why not to use Crackz.

1. If you are in need of crackz, more than likely you are pirating software, which is illegal.
    2. Crackz, like other illegal software, are a high risk for computer viruses.

See our warez section for additional reasons why you do not want to pirate software.

Console and other game emulators

Console and other game emulators are software programs that computer users use to play old games that were found in the arcades, Nintendo games, Sega games, Atari games, etc.

While it is sometimes impossible to locate this software for your computer, it is still considered, in most cases, illegal by the game manufacturers and developers because of copyrights held by the game developers.

If you are unable to locate an older program, try auction web pages.

Abandon warez

Abandon warez, also known as abandonware is software developed several years ago that is no longer being produced or sold and is considered by many as abandoned.

Computer Hope has never received a confirmation from any company indicating that they are ok with other individuals giving away their old software as Abandon Warez and therefore considers this type of software illegal because of copyright laws.

If you are unable to locate older software programs, see document CH000614.
    Basically what I said...it's piracy...
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

I might have one in my room, I'll search for it later.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1284650939.jpg[/img]

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

I see Tim. One website doesn't give out CD Keys because they claim it's illegal without any reasoning as to WHY it's illegal, so we should all assume they're the Gods of distribution rights and believe them?

Giving an unused, purchased CD Key to someone is not illegal. I don't know how in the hell you would think it is. Find me a law saying "IF YOU PURCHASE A GAME WITH A CD KEY, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE THE CD KEY TO ANYONE." That's essentially like saying that if I get a bike as a gift, that's illegal. I got it for free, which automatically means I stole it. It doesn't matter if someone else paid for it and gave it to me, I didn't purchase it so I can't use it.

That being said, I'm still tempted to lock this. Your chances of someone coughing up $20 out of pity is very low. Still, I suppose it can't hurt to keep this open <_<
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn&#39;t need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Enthusiast

Lol, that website looks like it's not very desperate for members...
    Quote Originally Posted by What computer hope REALLY said!
    "IF YOU DU LIEK EAT GUM DAT UR MUM BIES U, ITS LIEK ILLEGALS PIRACEE HEH EHE.. WE rEFOOSE TO HELP U IN COMPPODERZ IF YU EAT DAT GUM.... AGHDAAR..."
    ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????)

Enthusiast

Tim... do you know anything logical, just because you're a forum helper now doesn't mean you have to try and book someone for anything they're doing. To be honest it wouldn't matter to me if the cd key WAS used... as long as it is not in current use right now It'd be like a gift! and whoever the second poster was who told me to get a private server... no... I want to play with my friends who actually own the game, I used to own 2 copies but I lost them.

EDIT: Thanks Vermillionnnnnnnnnaire
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1208105453.png[/img]
    My Animations | Forum Rules| Tutorials | DD Collab

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Santy
    Tim... do you know anything logical, just because you're a forum helper now doesn't mean you have to try and book someone for anything they're doing. To be honest it wouldn't matter to me if the cd key WAS used... as long as it is not in current use right now It'd be like a gift! and whoever the second poster was who told me to get a private server... no... I want to play with my friends who actually own the game, I used to own 2 copies but I lost them.

EDIT: Thanks Vermillionnnnnnnnnaire

What Matt and I were trying to explain is this; Once a CD key has been used, it's tied to that particular account. In order for you to be able to use a key with your own account, it'd have to be un-used and therefore completely legal, because the only way to obtain a working key for online play is directly through Blizzard, or as a gift, in this case. Point being, it's not illegal if the key has been purchased, which is required for it to be valid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast