Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Superfetch:Vista's Ultimate Suck

If you don't know what it is, it's Vista's program which caches everything you've done in the past which reduces ram down to like 12mb. this is pathetic out of 2gb.

Of course, being a vista user, this sucks. most people think it's good and everything because of reducing program startup time... But personally i think it should burn in hell, along with Dora the explorer and Michael Jackson.

Situation: 2 years ago i quit Diablo 2 after playing since i was 7 (I'm now 14) and recently I've been playing again on my new computer with vista and 2g ram. i thought i would have no lag because on my old computer with 512mb ram and XP which ran it perfectly. So now I'm playing it with a lot of lag. i did the thing in regedit, and i turned down all the vista visuals and crap and out of 2048mb ram i have about 12 left at any given time. wtf! my friend on XP has more than i do. and yes, I put a system paging file (20gb) on my D drive which should have helped but didn't, so now im probably going to be ordering MORE ram. WTF, diablo 2 is like 8 years old and i cant run it on a modern computer
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1249588666.gif[/img]

Sig made by Transparent <-- awesome

Enthusiast

Re: Superfetch:Vista's Ultimate Suck

Finally, some one understands, Vista sucks. I am a Vista user too, it takes me about 20-30 to start up.

Technically Vista has already been proved to be a pc gamer's worst nightmare, a new system that plays every game you used to like worse than before.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xp- ... 531-4.html
    Losing a minimum 2% fps one every game tested, and on unreal tourny '04 it loses 32%. Which is absolutely stupid.

In my opinion, vista was a bad thing for microsoft to release, and I hope Windows 7(Blackcomb/Vienna) is going to be better.

Edit: Holy shit, the applications get way worse on the ones tested.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/xp- ... 531-6.html

Videos play better, but I'd rather something I can control and something I can work on.
    [center:15cesajl]I&#39;m gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Gunk
    Finally, some one understands, Vista sucks. I am a Vista user too, it takes me about 20-30 to start up.
    That's just your computer, I wouldn't say that's vista's fault at all.
    I can see where everyone doesn't like vista, But, I don't think it's as bad as everyone says It is. I have vista, And I like it. I've come across times where it's really annoying, And Having XP would be a lot easier. Still, I think vista is not bad, Xp is much better though. Also, You act like your the first one to figure out vista has flaws. There's been many people who don't like Vista, So it's not like "Finally! Some understands!"

Anywho, About you problem. Have you tried google? Seeing if anyone else has this problem? Or, Just disabling that program that seems to be casing the problems?
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belowxero
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunk
    Anywho, About you problem. Have you tried google? Seeing if anyone else has this problem? Or, Just disabling that program that seems to be casing the problems?
    1. My computer takes less than a minute usually to start up. the only thing i have to do is input my password.

2. Wow. just wow. i checked google at least 4 times and then i read your post and tried again and i found out how to disable it. thanks

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Strange, I have vista and I can log in and get online in about 20 seconds :/

Pat

The problem is obviously Vista, Install XP.

Or Linux, if you swing that way

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    The problem is obviously Vista, Install XP.

Or Linux, if you swing that way
    well i would but i don't want to throw $100 out on XP

It's funny how people say vista sucks, I've got it running on four machines and installed it on many more. It runs perfect, fast boot times, does what I need to. As long as you have the right specs and are good at system configuration its not a problem.

Pat

Yes but Darkdemon, we don't have the money to spalsh out on High-end hardware

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast