Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Enthusiast

Splinter Cell Conviction

Looks awesome, but it isn't Splinter Cell.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/9 ... view_.html

I'm completely torn, I'm sure I'd love it if it wasn't a SC game.

Re: Splinter Cell Conviction

damn that looks pretty fun
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

That looks really sweet, I might have to get it.

It looks better than the old Splinter Cell games.
    I didn't like how you had to do everything in a certain way on the old ones.
    This might be better since you can do the mission in the way you want to do it.
    [center:2rpd5r61][/center:2rpd5r61]

I'm on the fence about this game. I loved all the old splinter cell games, but this one seems to have strayed too far from the original gameplay. This seems like it is trying to be more action based, as opposed to stealth based. To me it looks more like Rainbow Six Vegas than it does an actual Splinter Cell. I will definitely be renting it before I think about buying it.

Enthusiast

While I haven't watched that newest video you've posted, I will say it looks a lot better than how Conviction was looking about a year back. Still, Looks fantastic, and I can't wait to see what the multiplayer will be like.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

Enthusiast

This is a must buy.

Saw at E3, and i am glad it's a 360 exclusive...and Pc i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Taylor
    I'm on the fence about this game. I loved all the old splinter cell games, but this one seems to have strayed too far from the original gameplay. This seems like it is trying to be more action based, as opposed to stealth based. To me it looks more like Rainbow Six Vegas than it does an actual Splinter Cell. I will definitely be renting it before I think about buying it.
    I'm not going to lie, I think that this is straying far from the original gameplay, but then again, if you've played all four games like me, I think it's getting a little old. This one looks to reinvent the gameplay so that it's an epic experience but stealth is still a prominent part of the game.

In the previous games, they forced the idea of stealth being your only weapon, and they discouraged the run and gun gameplay. Now with two sides to it, it won't be as linear as it was before.

I'm excited for this game (I always am when it's Splinter Cell), but now I think these changes are for the better.

EDIT: Also, remember the HQ missions? Those sucked ass.

Van

it looks alright, but it does look like something else now, it just doesn't seem to take the appearance of SC anymore, especially with the "3 second takedowns"

and like just how its kill who ever you want now

that's so much better than being so tied down and being told what to do all the time in all the other splinter cells other than double agent but yea

I watched the video you posted and i liked the concept of the cover system and the white silhouette of your last known presence was pretty cool..

taking whats already been there and using it your advantage - ie piece of mirror for looking under doors is a nice idea

Veteran Enthusiast

A new IGN vid shows a stealthy approach to the mission already posted! Thank Christ.

This Sunday I'm going to pick up the Xbox version of Double Agent, apparently it's much better than the 360 one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast