Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Halo 3 Render to Video goes Public

Yesterday the Halo 3 render to video went public to all people who have bungie pro, which also includes everybody who got it from downloading the mythic map pack. I tried it out this morning, and am not all that happy with it. I had two 17 second clips, and I had 5 minutes worth of rendering, so I figured if I render these two clips, I'll be down to 4 minutes and 26 seconds of time I can render with, but oh no. I'm down to three minutes, as any clip below 59 seconds costs one whole minute to render. Anyway, I rendered a couple videos, the quality is not the best but its better than geevee. Here they are.

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... d=71362718

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserC ... d=81860194

Re: Halo 3 Render to Video goes Public

"You sniped kippersauce" haha.

Not bad quality, I don't play halo enough for this to be of any use to me, but I think it's pathetic Bungie released it to pro members only.

Re: Halo 3 Render to Video goes Public

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    but I think it's pathetic Bungie released it to pro members only.
    In bungie's defense, it has cost them loads of processing power and servers and all the stuff that goes along with converting and hosting some many files on their systems, so it is kinda fair that it is only open to bungie pro members.

But, that is just for the beta, I think on July the 7th, it will be open to everybody, and the only thing pro will do for you, is that you will get some more points every month. But again, this is a huge cost to them, so I'm not surprised they are looking for some sort of compensation.