Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 88
  1. #1
    Fanatic Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,870

    Most scary game you ever played

    yay, that's it, in my opinion, F.E.A.R. rules, but half life 2 is so goddamit scary in that "we don't go back to blahblahblah" it's fucking scary, and also, fatal frame 3, but i can play this one...
    what about you??
    [center:3i8o92ef]Old thread[/center:3i8o92ef]

  2. #2
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Fallout 3 scared the shit outta me the first time I played it, because I didn't know if it was a horror or not. I was walking through a subway, and I could hear something, when I turned around a mole rat jumped up at me and I shat a fucking brick.

    STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl is really scary, one of the best games I've ever played. Deep Silver really got the atmosphere spot on.

    Walking through an abandoned tunnel in the middle of the night with fuck-knows-what all around you is pretty nerve racking. I suggest everyone who likes horror games to get STALKER SoC.

  3. #3
    Fanatic Enthusiast Brook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,251

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Haven't played many scary games but probably Condemned 2, pretty stange.
    .

  4. #4
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    He was a young boy in pursuit of money and fame..
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Quote Originally Posted by Epyks
    Fallout 3 scared the shit outta me the first time I played it, because I didn't know if it was a horror or not. I was walking through a subway, and I could hear something, when I turned around a mole rat jumped up at me and I shat a fucking brick.
    Lol'd at that one.
    I've never really played scary games, but the most scary game I've ever played is probably Resistance 2.
    Fucking Kraken popping out of water for like 1 seconds and blowing his shit air on me.
    Also, freaking little fishes.
    [center:10ra76zf][/center:10ra76zf]

  5. #5
    Veteran Enthusiast Lawn Feed's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cheesy Grin
    Posts
    7,618

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    some bits of bioshock:

    I walk down into this dingy cellar which is half flooded it's a really small room with a corridor leading to another room. In the corner of the first room is a kinda white dummy that looks like it's made out of papier mache (or however you spell it) and it's sitting a chair facing the corner of the room. I go up and look at it before going to the second room where there's a vending machine. I buy some crap from the vending machine and then turn around and the fucking dummy is standing right behind me, completely still. I literally froze in my seat and was like: HOLEEEE SHIT !!!! Then it attacked me and I killed it.

    But still, that moment when the dummy was just right in front of me and we were both totally still and I had just worked out what had happened was scary.
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

  6. #6
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    He was a young boy in pursuit of money and fame..
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawn Feed
    some bits of bioshock:

    I walk down into this dingy cellar which is half flooded it's a really small room with a corridor leading to another room. In the corner of the first room is a kinda white dummy that looks like it's made out of papier mache (or however you spell it) and it's sitting a chair facing the corner of the room. I go up and look at it before going to the second room where there's a vending machine. I buy some crap from the vending machine and then turn around and the fucking dummy is standing right behind me, completely still. I literally froze in my seat and was like: HOLEEEE SHIT !!!! Then it attacked me and I killed it.

    But still, that moment when the dummy was just right in front of me and we were both totally still and I had just worked out what had happened was scary.
    I got scared just by reading this, lol.
    [center:10ra76zf][/center:10ra76zf]

  7. #7
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Also, silent hill for PS1 was fucking so scary.

  8. #8
    Fanatic Enthusiast Brook's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,251

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Isn't silent hill 4 coming out soon? or another silent hill game anyway.
    .

  9. #9
    Fanatic Enthusiast Dave's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,508

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Quote Originally Posted by Epyks
    Also, silent hill for PS1 was fucking so scary.
    If that's the one where you start in the school or something, fuck that shit. I remember playing that for the first time and spending like half an hour working myself up to go through one door. Also there ws some other game on PS1 that scared the shit out of me. You had a handgun and had to kill wolves or something, or I think they were werewolves. :/

  10. #10
    Insanity Skype's Avatar



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Most scary game you ever played

    Quote Originally Posted by Davo
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyks
    Also, silent hill for PS1 was fucking so scary.
    If that's the one where you start in the school or something, fuck that shit. I remember playing that for the first time and spending like half an hour working myself up to go through one door. Also there ws some other game on PS1 that scared the shit out of me. You had a handgun and had to kill wolves or something, or I think they were werewolves. :/
    No you don't start in a school, but you have to go to a school.

    Scary shit, most of the earlier Silent Hill games were. Loved em.


 
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •