Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

He was a young boy in pursuit of money and fame..

Left 4 Dead: Hunter/Smoker Gameplay Tips and Tricks

First i'll explain to you what to not do.
    Don't attack the survivors when they are grouped together or you will be killed quickly.
    When you try to attack, try to find an alternative route to pick-off one survivor at a time.
    Try and coordinate with your teammate infected to take down more than one survivor.

Hunters that are on fire will do more damage to survivors.
    One of the best perks of being a Hunter is their leaps and their wall-jumps.
    You can wall-jump by crouching, leaping at a wall, turn aroung (180 degrees) and leap again when you hit the wall.
    With some practice, you can use this to get to hard places to reach for the unsupecting survivors.

Use distraction like Tanks, mobs or Boomers at your advantage to seperate the survivors.
    A Hunter does 6 damage to the survivors with is secondary skill. If the survivors are too close to attempt a leap, try a hit and run tactic.

---

Almost 80% of skill required of a Smoker is the setting up in a location to spawn that will affect the survivors.
    The spot you choose should be either:

1. Pull a weak one, or stray suvivors from the group to delay them.

2. Your spot should allow you to back-off when your tounge is recharging to either set-up somewhere else or wait to attack again (Exemple: Rooftops)

3. Boomer biles cause survivors to be distracted as they are swamed by a Horde and blinded, this is the perfect opportunity to drag someone.

4. When possible, dragging the last survivor to make it trought a checkpoint in the map like a hole or a house is a good idea because often, the others will not go back for them.

5. You don't want to crouch when dragging a survivor. It does not affect your height very much but it greatly affects your speed.

6. My favorite way to use a Smoker is to drag someone off a ledge. At some parts in the game, a Smoker can pull a survivor off a ledge wich leads to instant death.
    It takes a Smoker about 20-25 seconds to recap a survivor with his tongue (Depends on their health and map difficulty)
    Your tongue takes 15 seconds to recharge after dragging a survivor and takes 5 seconds to recharge if you missed the survivor completly.

Smokers should realize that Hunting Rifle is their worst enemy, so you might watch out.
    Smokers only do 2-3 damage with their claw attack, you don't want to use that often.
    [center:10ra76zf][/center:10ra76zf]

Re: Left 4 Dead: Hunter Gameplay Tips and Tricks

I didn't know about the wall jumping.

Thanks man, that'll help me a bit.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Nour
    I didn't know about the wall jumping.

Thanks man, that'll help me a bit.
    I didn't know either until my friend told me.
    Glad I could help.

Enthusiast

Whoa thanks. I knew many of these, but using the wall for leaping and then leaping again was pure genius. I just murdered 3 of the survivors. AND I GOT THE TANK TO KILL ONE MORE.
    LoL Username: Mmmmooooooooo

I have some boomer tips:

On the forest map hide in the trees. Not too far away from the path, but far enough they can't see you well. When they pass you and have their back on you slowly follow them whilst you're still in the trees and suddenly throw up on them whilst still in the trees. At that point they'll know where you are roughly, so move away from them and continue doing that.

Not much help. But it's a good technique.
    [tn=560:1296vzj9]http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/makeover2.png[/tn:1296vzj9]

Fanatic Enthusiast

I use wall jumping all the time, it's the best ever. Btw, AaronKim, this isn't the boomer thread. This is the hunter thread. And so you can't edit it out:

Quote Originally Posted by AaronKim
    I have some boomer tips:

On the forest map hide in the trees. Not too far away from the path, but far enough they can't see you well. When they pass you and have their back on you slowly follow them whilst you're still in the trees and suddenly throw up on them whilst still in the trees. At that point they'll know where you are roughly, so move away from them and continue doing that.

I have some boomer tips:

I have some boomer tips:

I have some boomer tips:

I have some boomer tips:

S-s-s-uck it b-bitch
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1250297040.bmp[/img]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by scool
    I use wall jumping all the time, it's the best ever. Btw, AaronKim, this isn't the boomer thread. This is the hunter thread. And so you can't edit it out:

I have some boomer tips:

I have some boomer tips:

I have some boomer tips:

I have some boomer tips:

I have some boomer tips:

S-s-s-uck it b-bitch
    So your saying to make a new thread about boomer trick and tips?
    [center:2ki2oi3b]Made a thread in VIP, 12 minutes later. Locked[/center:2ki2oi3b][center:2ki2oi3b]People call me wanker, you should too.[/center:2ki2oi3b]

Enthusiast

Glad I could help with the wall-jumping.
    Alright, i'm gonna make a Smoker tips and tricks, and then you're beloved Special infected, the Tank.

Haha, I just made a fucking epic leap due to wall jumping.

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

I merged your two topics

just keep em in this thread from now on
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast