Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Did Captain Price Die?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 38.46%
  • No

8 61.54%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Did Captain Price Die?

Well I'm sure most of us have played the campaign for call of duty 4: modern warfare, so I won't bother with a gay spoiler warning.

Right at the end, after soap takes out zakhaev and his bodyguards with price's pistol, we see price passed out, being revived by one of kamarov's men. However, before we find out whether or not price is dead, soap gets winched away on a stretcher.

Now, seeing as jackson, griggs AND GAZ die, it would be pretty fucking sad faic if price died too. Personally I don't think price dies, but of course we don't know this for sure. Here's my reasons for thinking so: gaz and griggs were shot, but soap and price just get hit by the exploding tanker. Price IS a little closer to the tanker when it explodes, but not by much. If soap, the ultimate greenhorn survived, surely the grizzled vet would live too? Price had enough strength to throw the pistol. Can't say I've ever been at death's door but having that much strength and staying conscious doesn't sound like death's door. Soap never actually lost consciousness either. A little research on the chances of survival after precordial thump puts the chance at 25% that price lived. This is a video game so that could be anything really. Still, a 1 in 4 chance that price lived is pretty good.

Seeing as the sequel is coming up soon, how awesome would it be to see captain price again in modern warfare 2?
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Re: Did Captain Price Die?

Cpt. Price didn't die...

In the IWD file on the PC version, it does have one of Kamarov's trying to revive him...but he does view his watch which made me think that he did die.

Infinity Ward did announce that Cpt. Price would be returning in the issue of Game Informer that has a 10-page look into Modern Warfare 2.

Whether this is true, is beyond me...I would think that they would bring him back, he was a great character in Call of Duty 4.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

I don't think he's alive D: When you say he "passed out" after tossing the pistol, I think that might have been him just dying. I wish Gaz had lived.

No. If he did the someone is gonna die. They killed Gaz and the beastly Nigra now Price? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. But Price dying would suck. I remember him all the way back into Call of Duty 1 :C

Veteran Enthusiast

To my opinion, he did not die. I saw the CPR part. >_> HE DIDN'T DIE!!

*Denial*
    [center:3jvto3gf]Merry Thread - mas![/center:3jvto3gf]
    [center:3jvto3gf][/center:3jvto3gf]
    [center:3jvto3gf]Lmao, Knock Out![/center:3jvto3gf]

Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoZ
    Infinity Ward did announce that Cpt. Price would be returning in the issue of Game Informer that has a 10-page look into Modern Warfare 2.
    Source?
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Devoted Veteran

Game Informer said he will be in MW2, but they also called him 'Sergeant Price', not 'Captain', so I'd rather not trust them lole

I think he died, but it'd be awesome to see him return.

I think he died. The person resuscitating him is pounding his chest in frustration at the end.
    [center:17tuwg7l][/center:17tuwg7l]

I haven't played the cod4 campaign.

THANKS FOR RUINING IT FOR ME YOU FUCK.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    I think he died. The person resuscitating him is pounding his chest in frustration at the end.
    Some people think that's the precordial thump, a form of CPR, but I'm with the masses, as the way he's hitting him is filled with RRAAAAGGEEEE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast