Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Devoted Veteran

Re: Xbox 360 at 54.2% failure rate

lmfao, 360's suck so much.

Had my XBOX for over a year now, and on a daily basis it's on for over 15 hours. I wouldn't say it's in a well circulated area either.

No RRoD. The only problem I have with it is that fallout 3 occasionally freezes and fable 2 freezes. Which isn't a problem because I have F3 on PC and Fable 2 is shit anyways.

I think it's down to the owner and their level of retardation. As we know the XBL community is far from.... Intelligent, which leads me to believe most of them don't know how to look after anything more valuable than a sausage roll.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Lol, I thought they fixed the red ring to like, 5% or something :L

Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

Yeah, my friend has owned an xBox 360 for a couple years and his has been broken and replaced, no lie, five times. Honestly, in most cases the RRoD is an ownership problem. It may not be the best system for nonstop gaming, but you shuoldn't be non-stop gaming in the first place.
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Wolf
    Yeah, my friend has owned an xBox 360 for a couple years and his has been broken and replaced, no lie, five times. Honestly, in most cases the RRoD is an ownership problem. It may not be the best system for nonstop gaming, but you shuoldn't be non-stop gaming in the first place.
    i had my ps2 for 5 years now and it never broke or gave any kind of error... how do u break ur xbox360 5 times? U must be a real retard to accomplish that. I donno if i could do that even if i tried O.o... maybe if i hit it with a hammer each time it froze or didnt read the disk corectly...
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

PS3 IS SOOO MUCH COOLER LOL

I've had my xbox for like 3 years now. I've left it on for like a week before, I've yet to have a problem. I'm just lucky I guess. Teehee

I've had mine for 2 year, coming 3, and all i can say is no errors, except fallout 3 and Fable II freeze like Epyks.

XBOX ARE TEH OVERLORD

Bah, forget about the RROD. E74 will be the death of me.

Which is exactly why I keep an emergency Xbox fund. I put away around 10% of my measly earnings into replacing my Xbox when it dies. I've done it once already, and I won't be surprised if it happens again. Fortunately enough, my Xbox has had it's ethernet port fizzle out.

But, it looks like I won't have to worry much. E74 is now covered as well as the RROD. I'm still going to keep the fund going, but I may not have to dip into it.

Overall? I don't care if my 360 is going to die. I realized when I bought another one that it has a lifespan about as long as it's 1-year warranty for parts. And, joyfully enough, the prior died a week after the warranty had ended. Though, my new one has had it's ethernet port die, so I'm going to send it back at the end of the 1-year warranty claiming parts malfunction. If that fails, no harm, no foul. I just get my 360 back and wait for E74 or the RROD. 3-year warranty on that. If I manage to keep my 360 for three years without it keeling over? I'm happy.

360 owners should just realize that they're paying for a temporary luxury. Sure, Microsoft has decided to fix the two common issues for free, but still. Don't expect a lifelong product on purchase. It's a great system that fizzles out rather quickly.

EDIT:
    Wait a minute...That means that I can send in my old 360 for free repairs...I could just switch out both and use them in tandem nearly perpetually! I've messed about with one's A/V cable, but my current setup uses an HDMI, so I can just send the broken one back with the good A/V and wait, while playing the good one with the HDMI. Hmmm. There may be something to this.
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoZ
    Most RROD's either come from an over-heating problem when people leave their systems on for a time amount that over-clocks the Xbox 360's cooling system or because of a hardware issue.

Here's a suggestion for those who have gotten the RROD unexpectedly while playing games for long periods of time:
    Take better care of your fucking Xbox.

Seriously, people bitch and wonder why their Xbox isn't working, and then...you hear them say, "Well, I was playing CoD4 for a couple of hours"...which usually means they were playing it nonstop like a crack addict because once you start, you want to stop, but you can't until it gets boring.
    Well mine broke right after I opened it, and I rarely play more than 2 hours in line.

Yeah the rate sucks, but luckily my Xbox was still on the warranty when the RROD appeared, so I had a new one for free and it seems like this one will tough a little longer.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1284650939.jpg[/img]

Fanatic Enthusiast

this is bad. really really bad.

no wonder my friends are buying PS3s...
    but mines still good ^^
    *for now*
    :O

[center:3hg7t8om]|| Short Stories || Thread ||

[tn=200:3hg7t8om]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22y6idXGM1r22qc9o3_250.gif[/tn:3hg7t8om][/center:3hg7t8om]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast