Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide

Help me decide

so I'm thinking about getting one or two of the following games, so if somebody has any experience from any of these games please share them

Dead Space
    Resident evil 5
    Far Cry 2
    Fear 2
    Crysis

And I mean PC games. Other suggestions are also appreciated

Re: Help me decide

personally having played both games, i would choose far cry over resident evil
    [center:3rpb0b91][/center:3rpb0b91]

I would choose Crysis or Resident Evil, or maybe Dead Space... Resident or Dead Space
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

If u newer before played RE u should pick that up!
    and second one should be DS it looks nice
    i would choose thos, but if u like more horror dont take RE its not so scary!!
    So if u like horror pick up DS......
    I use my music as a weapon!!

Quote Originally Posted by wescer
    so I'm thinking about getting one or two of the following games, so if somebody has any experience from any of these games please share them

Dead Space
    Resident evil 5
    Far Cry 2
    Fear 2
    Crysis

And I mean PC games. Other suggestions are also appreciated
    I've played Crysis, FC2 and Dead Space. So I'll review those for you.

Dead Space
    Great horror game. The storyline is good, but not if you want it for character story line. IE, to quote Yhatzee, Isaac has the personality of a brick. If you pay attention to the storyline and watch the pre-log film, it's very entertaining.

The inventory system is a total clusterfuck, but in a way this adds to the tension, trying to apply medkits while being raped is so tense it's unreal. Unless of course there's a quick key ( and you're a pussy for using it ).

Once you get the good weapons the game is easy. But everything leading up to that is great fun. And it's still fun if you choose to use a mediocre weapon for the rest of the game.

I run it on max settings with no anti-aliasing on a 8400 GT, as with most EA games I play, they provide good graphics with a low required spec.

I'd only buy Dead Space if you could get it for cheap. I got mine for 12.

Far Cry 2
    I run far cry 2 on medium with no anti-aliasing, and the graphics still look great. The game play is sticky, and the controls are mapped by default to a bit of a mess ( and I never really change the keys ). The story line is some what broken, it's more a run here and shoot this, then run here and shoot this for another guy.

Weapon jams are severely inconvenient, and jam whenever you're in battle.

It's nice to work for your weapons, and there's quite a large arsenal of assault rifles, smgs, pistols, sniper rifles and grenade launchers that you can upgrade. You can upgrade the accuracy, amount of ammo you can hold etc etc.

Again, a good game if you can get it cheap.

Crysis
    Now I've only played the demo, and I god damn love this game, so I'll try and be as un-bias as possible.

First note: graphics. I play on low and get a bit of lag when there are more than 3 persons on screen. I think you have a similar card to Yadda/Jonneh, who I think can run it on high with no anti aliasing.

As for gameplay, this game is supposed to have crap gameplay. I found it enjoyable.

You can make changes to your weapons in real time, adding flash lights, red dots, silencers, special attachment ( sleep bullets ), grenade launchers, reflex sight, assault sight, sniper scope whenever the time suits. I found this AMAZING, the first thing I did when I got the demo was press "C" to bring up the customisation menu.

The suit that you wear is quite possibly the most inniative thing I've seen in a video game. Being able to switch between a temporary cloak, armour, speed or strength is great.

You lose health VERY easily, on normal mode you die from about 5-8 shots. However you also regenerate health at a satisfying rate, making it a really nice balance.

Personally I love the game, and it's cheap at both retail and steam ( 12.99 from amazon and 16.99 from steam ).

http://www.crysisdemo.com/ Get the demo before you make any decisions. This is the first thing I'll be buying when my new rig arrives.

-Dead Space-

Is a very well executed horror game, probably one of the best. It can be compared to Resident Evil 4 in both controls and gameplay really, you have an inventory and you have an over the shoulder view. The storyline is excellent, but the only character development that Isaac (the main character) ever assumes is the fact that his wife is aboard the ship. Graphics are great, you don't need a high end card to run it, but if you do, it'll be positively flying. Not to mention shit your pants moments.

[tn=500:1q92ojq6]http://**********.com/img/1251393932.jpg[/tn:1q92ojq6]

-Far Cry 2-

Is a good free roaming game, although somewhat linear. You assume the role of a mercenary and take missions from terrorist factions in order get closer to killing 'The Jackal' The story is somewhat bland up until the end, but this is because you grow attached to the friends that inevitably save your ass. The gameplay is great, you can play it stealth, or run in guns ablaze, or be a saboteur and snipe explosive tanks from 500m away. The game comes with a map editor which I must say is super fun although you don't get to spawn enemies

[tn=500:1q92ojq6]http://**********.com/img/1251393865.jpg[/tn:1q92ojq6]

-Fear 2-

Fear 2 has a great story, not exactly the scariest game but it does have its moments. The action is more intense in this chapter than it is in the first FEAR. Some people consider it a disappointment but I consider it a great single-player game, with an excellent campaign. Definitely not as scary as Dead Space however. Good gameplay, decent graphics, good story, overall great game.

-Crysis-

Crysis is probably the biggest technical feat in gaming graphics today, the game itself is super decent. This has every first person shooter element you could possibly want, every vehicle is drivable, you can mod any weapon you want, and you have an array of explosive weapons. Free roaming isn't exactly free-roaming as you can travel the level however you please but it only lets you complete a linear mission matched with side-objectives. The story isn't the greatest but it's an amazing game.

Oh and the graphics at times, are just insane.
    [tn=500:1q92ojq6]http://**********.com/img/1251393664.jpg[/tn:1q92ojq6]

Oh and might I add the sandbox editor that comes with Crysis is fucking EPIC.

Fear over Dead Space and Crysis over Far Cry. I think anyways.
    Signature removed by an admin. Watch your signature size.

I won't suggest what to buy, but instead what not to buy:

Far Cry 2: Turned out to be incredibly disappointing, the story was completely broken, and the game became utterly repetitive/frustrating towards the end. You'll do better with Crysis.

Fear 2: Again a disappointment after playing the original FEAR, if you didn't then you might like it, the action itself was good, but they truly fucked the AI in this one.

Enthusiast

Dead Space: I hear it's great. I haven't played it though. My friend is always talking about it.

Resident Evil 5: If you're a big Resident Evil fan, i guess you'll like it. I didn't, mainly because i thought it was the same shit as 4 and got boring. I want the old style back.

Far Cry 2: Played it on the 360. Really long game, but that's because there's TOO MUCH driving, huge world, too. It's a good game, it wasn't as good as i thought, but the map editor is awesome, i remember just making maps for fun and didn't even save them.

Fear 2: Played it and beat it on the 360. Good game, not as good as expected, but it was alright. I didn't play Multiplayer, i only played a match and i though it was bad.

Crysis: Haven't played it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast