Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gran Turismo series (1-5)

Sorry if this has been made before.

I thought the GT series deserved it's own thread, they're (IMO) the best racing games (for racing, realistically) out there.

The 1-2 versions dominated the Playstation 1, number 3 was huge for the ps2, and now the number 5 for PS3 is awesome (all be it, a bit boring).

But for me, 4, for ps2 was/is just brilliant. I really enjoy/enjoyed playing it. My only problem was that once I got to 69% complete (NO CHEATS USED) with millions of credits and 200+ cars (all tuned out like shit), my memory card died. Taking everything with it, including other game saves (3 quarters of the way through San Andreas, for example).

I have, GT1 (doesn't work), GT3 (tokyo drift, like a prologue) GT3 A-spec, GT4 (2 copies, old ps2 fucked 'em up, I'll be getting a 3rd copy soon, lol) and GT5 for PS3.

To be honest I was pretty dissapointed with GT5 prologue, was massivley boring IMO, and there was no fun in it at all.

Anyone else own a GT game? Got a favourite?

Re: Gran Turismo series (1-5)

I fucking agree. But IMHO Gran Turismo 2 was the best. Dont really know why. but yeah. I'm pissed off and i die a little when i know i cant get GT5

I have played the series since i was 4 years old and one day i came down in the morning to play, found my dad on it. and he had spent the whole night on gran turismo 1 getting 1,000,000 to get 2 racing cars on it. and on GT1 there were only like 10 racing cars
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

I love these games so much, I've owned them all at some point, and in the third one, I managed to get that ridiculous Suzuki Pikes Peak thing and customise it fully until it had nearly 2000hp, and it did 60 in about 2 seconds.
    I might get the new one, but it would mean getting a PS3, which is something I don't know that I want to do.

I don't recommend getting a PS3 just for GT5, you will be let down. Atleast you will by the prologue.

Also, the 360 does what the PS3 does much much better for lots cheaper.

Don't bother.

Reluctantly I agree. Forza is trying so hard to compete with the Gran Turismo series. Plus from what i've seen. Gran Turismo properly died in GT4 it got too realistic. >:
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Enthusiast

I play GRID, It's awesome. I have GT5 Prologue but It got boring.

GRID Is definitely a must buy for enthusiastic racing gamers. I don't know if there will be a GRID 2 though :c.

I loved the first 2 because getting the gold times in the driving licenses didn't make me want to eat my own head. I got the first gran turismo for the ps2 and certainly did eat my own head trying to get the gold times. The first 2 on the B license were ok, everything after, crazy hard
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

I loved GT3. That was the first Gran Turismo I got and I used to play it non stop. Great racing games none the less.
    [center:2b4ggiyi]Nothing yet.
    Just a blank Signature.
    [/center:2b4ggiyi]

I definitely remember these games, especially when my brother bought a psone with the monitor on it.

GT1 was a great game I thought, considering I think it was like 2 discs when we bought it.
    GT2 was also another good one that I really liked.
    I never played 3 but my brother has.
    GT4, I actually have on my shelving unit next to my computer, wasn't too fond of it but it was still a good game
    GT5, never played.

If I can find my PS2, I'm definitely gonna play one of these.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

I've played all of them, but not in great detail for 1+2.

5 looks fucking pro, not to mention to graphics are godlike, and unparalleled by other console games.
    But idc about that, 1000+ cars and damage only on 200 seems a bit crap to me, and NASCAR seems a stupid idea, flying round circles at 200 mph with cardboad bodywork doesn't appeal to most non Americans.

But all the other 232643749452351 things sound pretty cool, including the Top gear test track. Another 40 sized hole in my wallet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast