Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Van

Medieval II Total war

I re-installed it yesterday, Actually better experience than before.. massive battles.. strategy..
    Had to turn the graphics down from high.. Thought I could ace it.. Defss not.

Well Discus.

Re: Medieval II Total war

Hell yes! One of my favourite games so far. I still have it installed (along with rome). Currently playing as Scotts, Spain and Egypt.
    I chose spain just so I could try out the Knigts of Santiago. Turns out they are even worse than Hospitaler, teutonic and templar knights. Bah. Well i think they are...
    My favourite strategy is to send the infantry into the frontlines than use my heavy cavaliry into "pincer movement". Near the end I also send in the general so he gets some traits.

Van

I'm playing as the Holy roman empire.. just starting to get heavy infantry.. lost like a whole banner of army to a ship in the sea..

What I really hate is that their armies just appear out of nowhere. I wanted to get Paris, and I put in a couple of spies. I also placed some spies around the city to see any incoming armies. There was about 100 units in the city. 1 turn passes and I bring my army to Paris, and out of nowhere there are almost 600 troops stationed in the city. Luckily i still had enough troops to take the City.
    Also I never played with HRE, because they are too open to both West and east. I might try them out sometimes.

Van

Yeh that's odd sometimes.. having an alliance then your other "ally" calling war upon them.