Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Game Reviews - Submit your review(s) today!

A -

B - Bioshock

[spoiler:1vmq0og0]BIOSHOCK
    Author: Atlas [Canyon Clark]
    Rating: M [Mature]
    Console: PC, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360
    Genre: Horror, survival, adventure
    Story: The year is 1960. Your name is Jack, you survive a plane crash and stumble upon an underwater Utopia called RAPTURE, built by a man named Andrew Ryan. The place is crawling with crazy psychos called, Splicers. Which are all drugged up lunatics on ADAM. A man named Atlas is willing to help you survive. But you need to do exactly as he says. You find a needle and inject yourself with it. Your arm can now shoot electric blasts from your hand. These are called, PLASMIDS. Their are several different types, like Flaming plasmids, and even freezing plasmids. Atlas wants to take down Andrew Ryan. But you're going to do it for him.

That's where I'm gonna leave off, I don't want to give out too much info.

Reviews-

Story: The story is superb. Truly one of the best story lines in my life. Best in video games. They feed you the whole story line throughout the game. You can fin AUDIO DAIRIES which even give you some backup story to what happened in Rapture. Anyway, the main story is that You discover an underwater City called Rapture, Atlas is going to help you, he wants to take down Ryan.
    The atmosphere of the game is excellent, the drama, the action, is all great.
    [Five thumbs up]

Playability:
    Real simple controls. Kind of like a shooter, but a bit more complicated. Not to much though. At first, the controls can kind of throw you off. But you get used to them VERY fast.

[Five thumbs up]

Audio:
    Perfect. The voice acting is absolutely perfect. I fell that they really captured the intensity of the game.
    The sounds are top notch for sure, it will be hard to top this audio.

[Five thumbs up]

Graphics:
    The visuals are pleasing to the eye. They're very good. Fantastic I must say. The detail is amazing, but there is one flaw. If you try to enter a room too fast, the graphics turn all smooth and unpolished. But they will eventually go back to normal.

[Four thumbs up, One thumb down]

Overall
    :
    The story is superb, The audio is great, the visuals are very good. The intensity of the game is so well done, I was speechless my first time through. This game a masterpiece, a Triple AAA Juggernaut.

Five thumbs up for this game.
    10/10, The game is perfect except for that one little visual error.[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

Bioshock 2

[spoiler:1vmq0og0]Bioshock 2

Rating: M (Mature) 17+
    Console: Xbox360, Playstation 3, PC

Review: The sequel to the hit game Bioshock, you are trapped in Rapture once again, but this time, as a Big Daddy. I was very happy with this sequel, I think that 2K games have mastered this style of video games. The real settle gameplay makes it realistic. Not like Call of Duty, or Resident Evil 5 where a constant mess of action is around every corner. No. This is takes it's time and sets up the action instead of throwing it around. Even if you DO like constant action games, you will still like this game. And if you liked the first one, you will adore this one. A very good game will an excellent twist.

Story: In this second installment of the Bioshock series, you play as an Alpha series Big Daddy. Your name is Delta, and the Alpha series is the first ever series of Bid Daddies. You are also the first ever big daddy to be bonded with a little sister. In the beginning, your little sister, Elanor Lamb wonders off and is caught up by some splicers. You try to save her but you are caught by a hypnotize plasmid. A tall lady by the name of Sofia Lamb tells you that Elanor is not your little sister, and she commands you to shoot yourself. 10 years later you awaken, and your job is to find your little sister and escape. Because if you leave your little sister, or one of you die, both of you die. But one stronger force then you is in your way, Big Sister. They were once a Little sister rescued in the first one who have come back to save the rest of the sisters.
    [Perfect story line]

Playability/Re-Playability: The controls are simple to get into. Nothing to complicated, very easy to master. By the end of the first level, you should have the controls down. Since you can choose to to be bad or good, the re-play value is very very high.
    [Perfect Controls]

Audio: Like the first one, the intensity of the music, sounds, and the voice acting is amazing. The voice acting is the best in video game history. Everything sounds like they made each sound effect, very good quality.
    [Perfect Audio]

Visuals: The graphics are once again, superb. Each detail and lighting is great. You can obviously see how much effort they put into the visuals. But like the first one, there is a small error. Where the graphics are smoothed out and clean, fake looking. The first one's issue lasted for a second, but this one's error lasts for several seconds.
    [Very good Visuals]

Overall: You must buy this game is you liked the first one. Great graphics, audio, and story line.
    9.5/10[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

C - Chrono Trigger
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review author: Crono
    Console: SNES
    Rating: E
    Genre: RPG
    Review: Story - Chrono Trigger, at first, follows a young spikey haired protagonist named Crono [Chrono in the Japanese edition]. He is woke by his mother in the beginning of the game. She explains to him that the Millenial Fair, a fair that takes place in the kingdom of Guardia, is taking place. His mother informs him his friend Lucca is waiting for him at the fair. As Crono, the player makes his/her way to the fair. When the player arrives, Crono bumps into a young blond girl who goes by the name Marle. They converse, and rather you like it or not, the young lady joins your party. Soon, Crono and Marle meet Lucca in the back of the fair. Lucca and her father are showing off a device they created. The device is a teleporter. Crono is this devices first user. Everything goes fine, so Marle is ready for her turn with the teleporter. A pendant she is wearing causes a time rift to appear and drag her to the past. Crono quickly decides he must follow and save Marle. After Crono and Lucca talk about it, Crono steps into the teleporter and is taken back in time. Crono arrives in an unknown time period, which is later found out to be 600 AD. After a series of events, Crono [now joined by Lucca] manage to find Marle. However, Marle vanishes. Lucca realizes that this time period's kingdom has mistaken Marle for her kidnapped ancestor, thus putting off the recovery effort for her ancestor and creating a paradox. Crono and Lucca, now accompanied by Frog, a great but cursed swordsman, manage to restore history. Unfortunately, when Crono and gang return to 1000 AD., their normal time, Crono is charged with kidnapping Marle who is actually the princess named Nadia. Nadia and Lucca manage to help Crono escape, but their only way to get away from the guards is to take another portal. This portal takes them to the future - 2300 AD.They eventually learn that civilization is destroyed by a demonic creature known as Lavos. Crono and his party vow to stop this beast from destroying civilization. This is where the adventure really begins!

Story rating: - Five out of five thumbs up!

Graphics - Chrono Trigger is made up of beautiful scenery, and bad ass sprites. This game looks fantastic for it's time and still is in my opinion.

Graphics rating: - Five out of five thumbs up!

Playability - It's a traditional turn based battle system. However, it gives you the option of real time by letting you choose if the enemies attack during your turn, or after. The out-of-battle game-play is similar to most other old-school role playing games. Chrono Trigger is also a huge game. With 13 different endings, you're going to be playing this game for awhile if you're dragged in. The story is also long if you're playing through the whole thing.

Playability rating: - Five out of five thumbs up!

Overall: I give Chrono Trigger a 10/10, and five thumbs up. I'm completely in love with this game, mind you.[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]
    D -

E -

F - Fear 2
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review Author: Jeff'ness
    Game: F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin
    Genre: Horror - Survival, FPS game
    Console: PS3, PC, XBOX 360
    Rating ESRB: M [Mature 17+]

Okay, when you start playing this game, you'll just find it plain awesome! It's scary and you get to blow a lot of guys to the space. However, it'll get pretty boring and repetitive if you don't like these type of games. Well, let's just say it gets boring in some parts, I'll cover this in a sec.

Story: Well, if you didn't play the first one (like I didn't) then this is what you get from the story, a guy who is in what appears to be a squad, is always having these hallucinations about this gril, Alma (Soul in portuguese - the more you know ) but everything the girl does is kill everyone around you. This story takes place in an half-destroyed American city, btw.

Ok, the first mission is pretty good, it's in the hospital, and it's the most scariest thing EVER! The audio is just gorgeous, enemy pop out in the scariest moments. But there is something way better than all this, when some enemy is chasing you, your camera gets blurry, and it gets real hard to escape, and you get real scared and full of adrenaline. There are some several shitty part, such as: the beggining of thee 2nd mission, it's just real hard to know what to do and you'll loose alot of time figuring it out, Or these parts in which nothing happens, you're just walking from room to room with no orientation.
    Well, at least you get te chance to get and awesome armored machine/drone and you get to destroy what's left from the city and kill a lot of guys...

Story: 3/5
    It's not bad, could be better though, not much to say.

Audio: 5/5
    It is one of the best thing in this game, they really managed to get some creepy sound, damn!

Visuals: 4/5
    Not bad, if you use them on max., but not "really amazing OMG mega graphics"

Controls: 3/5
    They're not really that different from most of the FPS games, I'd say if you played Crysis you would find sort of the same controls, I gave it a 3 because it gets kinda stressfull by remembering all those button combinations and stuff, you really got loads of'em.

Playability: 5/5
    Really a lot of things you can do, you can move almost everything you find and did I mention you get to use a massive master machine and destroy a lot, a LOT of shit. Also you get to choose between a lot of pretty nice weapons and get the chance to kill a lot of different enemies.

Overall: 8.5/10 - Good game
    Let's say this is a game for those who really love horror survival games.
    The ending is really great and scary!!

Tip: If you do buy it, do it for PC, the controls are way better!![/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

G -

H -

I -

J -

K -

L - Left 4 Dead 2

[spoiler:1vmq0og0]Left 4 Dead 2

Author: Psudo
    Rating: M (Mature) 17+
    Console: Xbox360 and PC

Review: Sequel to the hit game, Left 4 Dead. This takes place in normal American towns and cities, but you're not the only one there. Other than the 3 other survivors you team up with, the rest of the world is overrun by mindless zombies. No cut scenes, plot lines, or confusing twists. The point of the L4D games is that you're fighting zombies, nothing else to it. There are zombies around every corner, but never too hard to kill. But there is power in numbers, which they have the up and up on.

Story: You are one of the 4 lonely survivors, just trying to get to safe place to live during this zombie apocalypse. There is nothing more to it, so its not too interesting.
    [Poor Storyline]

Playability/Re-Playability: Quite basic controls, easy to understand and get used to. Gameplay is constant and short, but it randomizes the layout each time you play. The point is how re-playable it is, and that you can go through each campaign another time with little to no boredom.
    [Above Average Play/Re-Playability] [Good Controls]

Audio: Voices are bland and can get quite annoying if you're easily frustrated. Music is always the same, good sound output. Reaction noises, such as the sound of your feet hitting the ground after jumping, could use some major work.
    [Okay Audio]

Visuals: Decent graphics, nothing too special. Playable, but nothing to talk about in anyway. Blood looks pretty good, scenery is above average but nothing too good really.
    [Decent to Good Visuals]

Overall: Its nothing amazing visually or audio-wise, its just one of those games that's fun to grab a few friends and have fun playing through the campaigns.
    8.0/10[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review Author: Firebird
    Genre: Action/Adventure

Storyline:
    You're sleeping in your bed, and you get some telepathic message from a girl that's been chained up in the dungeon of Hyrule Castle, probably doing some things she shouldn't be doing. After the message, you wake up and you see your uncle looking like he's about to fuck something up. He tells you to stay in bed, and walks out of the house sporting full battle armor. But, he's not your dad so you ignore him. You walk outside into the rain and follow a trail to Hyrule Castle, guided by the telepathic messages from that freaky chick. Once you find your way into the castle, your uncle is waiting there for you. Well, not really waiting-he's almost dead. He tells you to go save the girl, and he gives you a sword and shield. After you get through the castle, and a little boss fight, you save the girl from the prison cell.
    You then have to travel through the sewers that she brings you to, and you end up in a church. The priest there, who somehow knows everything, tells you that the wizard Aganhim has taken over the throne of Hyrule. But here's where shit gets real-the wizard is planning to break an ancient seal made by the Seven Sages. This seal seperates the Dark World, where Ganon is trapped, from the world of Hyrule, the world where Link just shat his pants. Aganhim was gonna break the seal by sending the descendants of the Seven Sages into the Dark World. Turns out, there's a pretty awesome sword out in the woods that can defeat Aganhim. But first, you must gather 3 magic pendants before you can pull the Master Sword from the stone. Once Link has gathered the pendants, you face the wizard Aganhim in battle (who has already sent all the descendants into Dark World), and once you defeat him, you're sent into the Dark World anyways, where everything is like a fucked up acid trip. To save Hyrule, you must rescue all of the seven descendants from castles spread throughout the Dark World. Once they're all freed, they use their power(which was somehow useless until now) to break the barrier around Ganon's Tower on Death Mountain. Yeah. Death Mountain.
    You fight that wizard again in the Tower, and once he's dead Ganon rises from his body, turns into a bat, and flies away.
    Following him to another tower, you have a badass rooftop finale where Link finally kills Ganon, touches the Triforce, and restores everything back to normal.

Overall:
    What I love about this game is the freedom to switch between worlds after obtaining the Magic Mirror; one of the many items you can get in the game, some being secret. There are also many side-quests you can do, as well. There's still some things I'd never figured out in this game; it's pretty damn big. The artwork and scenery in it are wonderful, as are the music and gameplay. I'd recommend this game to
    anyone-Zelda fan or not.
    [/spoiler:1vmq0og0]
    M - Metro 2033
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]
    METRO 2033

Author: Neptune [Canyon Clark]
    Genre: Survival, First Person Shooter [FPS]
    Consoles: PC, Xbox360
    Rating ESRB: M [Mature 17+]

Story: When a severe Nuclear fire destroys the city of Moscow, Russia. Over 40,000 citizens shift their homes into the vary large metro station of Moscow. A man named Artyom must head the Polis station to get help for his station, Expedition.

This story gets very deep, and that's all I will say about the story.

Review: This game is based off of a very popular novel, Metro 2033. I was hoping to get enough money to buy this game so instead I rented it, and after I played it, I really wished I had enough money. This game is great. The story is very compelling, and the main characters are quite cool. So sit back, and enjoy reading this review.

Story: (Check top)
    (Excellent Story)

Audio: I'll admit, the voice acting isn't the greatest for this game. But the music is almost, sad at moments. Sad meaning gripping, and compelling. Not, the music is so bad, it's not even funny. I like the gunshots too.
    (Very good Audio)

Visuals: I thought the graphics were actually really good. Most reviews thought the graphics were bad, but I enjoyed them. Not to hard on the eye, though the textures weren't very good. But the details on the people, and the detail on the guns are excellent.
    (Very good Visuals)

Controls/Playability: The controls are pretty simple, kinda like CoD, but RB is the reload, and X is the action. But I got used to them very quick. Playability wise, the game is somewhat hard to get into if you've never played a game like this. But when you reach the second chapter, I got into it. Replayability, I heard it was low. But when I beat the game, I immediately wanted to play it again. Very good ending too.
    (Very good Playability)

Overall
    : I absolutely loved this game. Good visuals, nice audio, and a superb story. I would highly recommend that you should get this game.

Note: The game has 2 awesome endings. They both matter on how you play the game, so pay attention to the things that you think matters.

Overall Rating:

9.7 out of 10
    (Excellent Game)[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

Mother 3
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review author: Shad
    Console: GBA
    Review: The game is an RPG where you take control of about 6-8 main characters: Lucas, Flint (father of Lucas and his brother Claus), Duster (A thief), Salsa (a monkey), Kumatora (A tomboyish princess) and Boney, (Flint's dog). The story is placed on a group of islands called the Nowhere Islands, and on these islands is a little village called Tazmily Village, where the game starts out. Lucas, Claus and their mother, Hinawa, go to visit Hinawa's father Alec. After a couple days and a brief introduction to the game's playing style, the group decide that it's time to go back home. A horrible thing happens on the way, though, as a group of soldiers called 'Pig-masks' start taking over the forest near Tazmily Village and start using the wildlife as guinea-pigs to create cyborg monstrosities. One of these monstrosities happens to attack the group, and that's when everything starts to go terribly wrong.

The game's combat style is turn-based, similar to a ton of RPGs out there. There are a couple of key features that make it different from the rest, though, such as the 'music combo' system where hitting the attack button to the beat of the music allows you to combo your attacks, which can REALLY help. Also, every character, besides Lucas and Kumatora who share the PSI abilities, have their own personal abilities. Duster has thief tools, Flint has 'Macho powers', Salsa has Dancing, Boney has 'Sniff', which tells you the stats of your enemies and Lucas and Kumatora has PSI. This game also doesn't fuck around, and can be REALLY hard at times. This game requires a lot of strategy and sometimes a bit of luck to get through some boss battles. All in all, I think this game is awesome, and you should at least give it a try.

Story: 5/5. the story really is amazing. There is a lot of things that happen and a lot of interesting characters. Pokey (Porky) also comes back from Earthbound, and he's probably one of the more interesting villains I've seen in a game. In the middle of the game, many settings in the game change quite drastically as well, which adds a lot to the huge changes that you see going on during the course of the game.

Gameplay: 4.5/5. Now don't get me wrong, the gameplay in this game is amazing. I had a few problems with it, though. the 'music combo' system is VERY hard to get used to, and honestly, you don't really need it. Also, some of the characters feel a bit underwhelming, such as Salsa. Those may seem really nit-picky, and they probably are, but I still feel that these are problems and that they needed to be adressed.

Re-Playability: 3/5. Honestly, there's no real reason to play this game after you've beaten it once. There's only one ending, and the only thing the 'new game+' does is that it gives Kumatora and Lucas every PSI ability. Honestly, this is probably the only place where the game is shaky.

Graphics: 5/5. I am really a fan of the graphic styling in this game. I think it looks really nice, and totally fits the style of the game. Contrary to what the graphics will make you think, though, this game can have it's dark moments too.

Sound: 5/5. I really have to address the sound in this game. Few games can make me actually WANT to go out and track down its music, and along with it's predecessor, Earthbound, Mother 3 makes me want to track down this music too. This has to be some of the best sound I've heard on the GBA. Pokey's theme is possibly one of the greatest melodies ever, and the only thing better then the original is the remix of it in the battle against Pokey. The music kind of helps to play on the creepy idea that you're basically fighting an old man who has the physique and brain of the kid he was back in Earthbound. Mad props to the sound designer.

Overall: 4.5/5. This game really is a must try, IMO. Some may not like how slow it starts out, the styling of the graphics, or the difficulty. However, for people that like RPGs that reward strategy, colorful, vibrant locales and a great story with some good twists, they will probably want to play through this at least once. [/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

Motor Storm: Artic Edge
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Motorstorm Arctic Edge is the third installation in the Motorstorm series and its first outing on the PSP. Since the original Motorstorm which made on the PS3 when it launched the series has evolved by adding new features such as a checkpoint race style mode called speed race and adding customization along with other small updates, however the core dirt track racing of the game has remained the same and this is apparent from the offset in Arctic Edge. From the weighty feel of the vehicles to the spectacular crashes the beauty of Motorstorm has been almost perfectly transferred to the PSP. The vehicle classes range from slow but steady big rigs to fast but dangerous bikes. There are also two new vehicle classes for Arctic Edge: snowcats and snow machines along with all the classes from the original Motorstorm. The snowcats are like a mix between the big rigs and the trucks whilst the snow machines can be placed somewhere in between the ATVs and the karts. As well as new vehicles to play with you can now also customize your vehicles with custom paint jobs and different accessories.
    So there are no major updates to Arctic Edge with the main difference between this and the previous Motorstorm games being the location, which is now, obviously, the Arctic. The differences that this new location brings, however, are superficial. Driving through deep snow cools your engine which allows you to boost for longer and everything is a lot whiter but apart from that there are no real differences. This is a shame as it feels like the developer could have explored the concept of Arcctic off road races a lot more and come up with something genuinely different but instead Arctic Edge feels like Motorstorm, but in the winter.
    Another reason why the location disappoints are the slightly unimpressive graphics. The beautiful opening trailer promises wide open expanses of raw, untouched snow but the harsh reality is far less impressive. Most of the tracks look muddy and gritty. The cars themselves look great and so do the backgrounds in the far distance so the fact that the tracks don’t really do justice to the opening trailer is forgivable to say the least.
    Overall though that’s not really a bad thing as the Motorstorm formula is a winning one. Races are frantic and intense with some spectacular crashes. There’s nothing quite like driving through a hail of broken cars and bodies to somehow squeeze through the gap of broken cars that just destroyed themselves right in front of you to emerge safely on the other side and leapfrog into first place. And Motorstorm is full of amazing moments like this where everything just comes together. The ‘monotony’ of the races is now broken up with the aforementioned speed races and another new mode where racers compete for points and the higher placed you are the more points you get. They’re both fun and welcome brakes but don’t appear often. This is good as they don’t compare to the excitement of the races.
    So although the updates are minor, the new location is unimpressive and it has an ugly blue, yellow and pink theme Motorstorm Arctic Edge is still a great game. The dirt road racing style of it is unique in a racing genre full of flashy racers that are more about the customization and hardcore simulators that aren’t for everyone. It’s got a decent lifespan with 100 events in the main campaign, some of which are devilishly hard, along with extra objectives bundled with some of the events as well as online and local multipayer. It’s a fun, twitchy, racer that manages to feel arcade and hardcore at the same time due to its boost heavy vehicles but punishing tracks and if you own a PSP you should definitely buy it.
    Graphics: 7/10 Decent enough not to subtract from the gameplay but not the best.
    Sound: 8/10 The sound track doesn’t live up to that of the original but it’s still impressive.
    Gameplay: 8/10 There are few PSP racers as intense and with as much depth as Arctic Edge.
    Lifespan: 9/10 Large single player campaign as well as the endless possibilities of online make this a long term game.
    Overall: 8/10 Artic Edge is a great game but it could have been so much more had the Arctic environment been better explored and had the basic Motorstorm formula been evolved more.

and here are some random screenshots taken with the photo mode
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... N_0003.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... R_0008.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... R_0007.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... R_0006.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... O_0002.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... M_0002.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... E_0002.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... R_0005.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... R_0003.jpg
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... R_0002.jpg[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

N -

O - Operation Flashpoint: Rising Dragon

[spoiler:1vmq0og0]Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising:
    Author: Total (James Goodwin)
    Rating: MA15+
    Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC

My Review:
    Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising is a sequel to what some would call 'The first great military simulation'. So before even learning what this game is about you know that it has a lot to live up to. Now for the most part, it does what it sets out to do. It delivers an authentic First-Person shooter that gives a good representation of war. Thing's like proper military words and authentic looking and sounding guns make this game a very realistic one.

The story is set on the fictional island of Skira, an almost perfect recreaction of the real world island Kiska. The developement team went out of there way to make sure that every hill, cliff face, house and even a large volcanoe, were recreated in the game. This means that you get a very realistic portrail of what sort of environments soldiers fight in. Where the only cover is a tree or even a small rock by a cliff face.

The gameplay is fairly straight forward. You use the thumbsticks to look around and move and the two triggers control iron sights and firing as you'd expect. The area where this game really stands out from the pack, is that it is a military simulation or milsim as some refer to it as. This means that you are not a super soldier like master chief and it means that if you go running out of cover, you are as good as dead. This gives the game a very intense atmosphere while you are playing and great use of sound and lighting makes getting shot at a very scary thing.

For the entire campaign you control a four man squad (Including yourself) and you way you order them around is pretty straight forward. You use the d-pad to open up a command radial and from here you can select a number of different orders. Now while this system does work fine when setting up an attack, it can become very cumbersome in the middle of a firefight. The reason being that you cannot run around whilst the commands are shown, so you are pretty much a sitting duck if the enemy decides to creep up on you while you give orders.

The graphics are pretty good on the version i played (360). there weren't many graphical glitches and the draw distance was great. Now while i haven't seen it in action, i have been told that the ps3 version of the game has very poor graphics in comparison to the PC and Xbox. The animations are abit clunky and when you sprint the gun seems to move off the screen way to quickly, but overall this a nice looking game.

Unfortunately i didn't have many chances to play multiplayer because of problems trying to get into the server. So i don't have a multiplayer portion of this review.

presentation: Codemasters have created a very cool looking menu and it is easy to navigate, i also love the colours. [8.5/10]
    visuals: The graphics aren't top notch but they do hold up against other games out at the moment. The lighting on the guns doesn't look to great but it does do good in the night time missions [8/10]
    sound: This is where the game really shines, the development team obviously put alot of effort into this department, great music, great sound effects, great ambience [10/10]
    story: The story is pretty realistic and it is explained well at the game's start. [9/10]
    lasting appeal: With a solid campaign and a good sized amount of extra single player missions you will be playing this game for a good month or two, but unfortunately the multiplayer didn't work for me and apparently not for others as well. [7/10]

Overall: [8.4][/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

P -

Q -

R - Red Faction: Guerrilla

[spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review author: Gman
    Console: Multi-platform
    Age rating: 17+/M
    Genre: TPS/Adventure
    Review: I really like this game, I've played through it twice, and it's just as good the second time around, it has a huge landscape, explosives, guns, vehicles, Kick-ass melee, what else could you ask for? Oh yeah:
    Story Rating: 7/10 It's okay, I think it could have been done better, But the developers had other things to worry about I'm sure.
    Game rating: 10/10 I love the destructibility in this game, Everything except the landscapes can be blown up/ knocked down, Drove through, you name it, really brings a new aspect into the game.
    Playability / Re-Playability: 8/10 a few different routes to take, etc.
    Graphics: 10/10 Great textures, able to destroy anything can make some great looks to things.

Overall: 9/10 Definitely worth buying, you'll get a lot of fun from it.[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

Resident Evil 5

[spoiler:1vmq0og0]RESIDENT EVIL 5

Genre: Action, Horror
    Console: Play Station 3, Xbox 360
    Rating: M [Mature] 17+

Story: In Africa, for some reason a bad guy is going to try to take over the world. Some dude and a chick has to stop it. How boring. So they try to cover it up by adding thousands of action moment that are useless. I don't really want to go into it to much because it's kind of boring. But You get the idea.

Review: The sequel to RE4, this game has one of the best graphics in a video game. Awesome visuals, great audio and decent voice work, but this game fails to capture the original style. In the original ones, it was all about the horror, new enemies and zombies popping out when you least expect it. But this game does the exact opposite. Back to this game now. The constant action, no horror. Every time you do something important, or even a semi-important thing, like press a button, or start up an elevator, you know that something is going to happen. So predictable. They focused on action and explosions rather then what the true Resident evil series is about, and that, is horror, not action around every corner.

Story
    : (Check top)
    [Bad Story]

Audio
    : Pretty good audio. Everything sounds crisp and well put in. The voice acting is pretty weak at a lot of times. But other then that it's ok.
    [Good Audio]

Playability/Re-Playability: The controls are pretty clunky and messy. You will struggle working out the controls. And opening up the menu doesn't even pause the game, therefore you are exposed while trying to heal yourself.
    [Bad Controls/ Playability]

Visuals
    : By far, the best visuals I've seen on a console. Great textures, and details. Everything from lighting to textures, perfected.
    [Excellent Graphics]

Overall: If you're more interested in action then horror, this game is for you. And if you like clunky controls, this game is also for you. I was very disappointed with this game. I am a huge fan of the Resident Evil series, but this one made me question the next installment. I realize that RE4 also had a lot of action, but it also had a lot of horror. Anyway, you are a big fan of the RE games, don't buy it. But it's a somewhat decent game.

Rating: 7.4 [Decent][/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

S - Sins of a Solar Empire
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review author: Xenomorph
    Console: PC
    Age rating: T
    Genre: Real Time Strategy
    Review: Sins of a Solar Empire aims to be a startlingly vast RTS that places a huge emphasis on tactics and coherency in basic military concepts. The variety in the off-the-shelf game is immense, with three playable races each with their own entire technologies, ships, advantages, and disadvantages. From the overlording Vasari to the zealots of the Advent to the traders of the TEC, every player should be able to find a niche they enjoy and thrive in. But this isn't even the best part of the game. Adding onto this depth and variety is the fact that it is completely moddable. Numerous mods have been created to enhance the experience in various ways, from mere gameplay mechanics changes all the way to being able to control universes ranging from Star Wars to Stargate. This modding allows the game to be constantly enjoyable, whilst still retaining it's base as a RTS. The controls are quick to learn, and functional, without being so complicated as to render them useless. The basic mechanics are just complex enough to enjoy, as well. I'd have to recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a bit of science-fiction and RTS games. It's one of the few games I've seen that blends them in such a way.

Story Rating:
    Okay, so the story is horrid. You get some base background information when you read the manual, but that's it. Good thing is, there is no story mode. So the game doesn't revolve around the storyline whatsoever. It's purely a RTS game where you create near-infinite scenarios for yourself. You make your own stories.

Game rating:
    The game is excellent, and will provide endless enjoyment for anyone who has a decent computer and a passion for RTS games. For anyone out there who's always wanted to control a massive fleet of ships? This is undoubtedly your game.

Playability / Re-Playability:
    The entire game is based around it's replayability. Each game is completely different depending on who you are playing, the map, and a variety of other options. Suffice it to say that the game's main selling point is that it is infinite in it's variety. Mods dramatically change gameplay, and the maps range from the scale of a solar system to an entire universe. A single game can take as long as a week to play through, and the save functions make sure you can pick up exactly where you left off.

Graphics:
    Four out of five here. If you've got a computer that can handle it at max settings, you'll notice exquisite details on the ships, superb weaponry, and many other assorted effects that just add on to the beauty of the game. Problem is, the game insists on rendering everything in a given area, regardless if you're looking at it or not. Normally it isn't a problem, but when you get into a massive firefight, most computers will respond as if you were asking a commodore to play Crysis. Not well. As well, when you get to the larger scales, the AI's decisions alone cause the game to lag a considerable amount. If you've got the right hardware, though, the game's graphics can be mindblowing.

Overall:
    While I love the game, I have to objectively give it a four out of five. Several aspects could use a bit of work, such as the AI being a complete and utter bother, and I would have enjoyed just a bit more complexity, but it's still a great game. All expansions require you to pay for them, which seems a bit odd considering how little they normally add on. Though the newest expansion seeks to fix the AI's attitude blunders. But, that's not a huge issue. The sheer scale of the game makes it amazing, and the subtle nuances of the game add huge amounts of fun to commanding either your massive fleet or your elite strike squads. Playstyles for everyone abound, and it's replayability is, and I am not exaggerating this, purely infinite. An active modding community ensures this, and nearly always you'll find something new that you didn't expect. After a week-long game and a week-long break, the game will still retain your attention for the longest times. I can't stress how great this game is for Sci-Fi RTS lovers. It's a must-have for anyone who fits these criteria.[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

[spoiler:1vmq0og0]Author: Skype
    Genre: Action, Horror, Survival RPG
    Rating: 16

Story: CoP carries on where Shadow of Chernobyl left off. You are a russian secret service agent who is sent into the zone to find out what happened to 5 choppers ( Operation Fairway ), and along the way you discover secrets of the zone, and venture deep into macabre buildings and underground facilities in search of answers. There are many different endings making the game replayable to an extent if you want to get those endings. There is also a free play function at the end of the game.

Review: I feel that SoC had a better atmosphere than CoP. But I suppose that's because SoC was new and I was half-expecting it in CoP. The graphics are amazing and the game was released virtually bug free. The atmosphere is still captured well at night, and the upgrade system for weapons and armour is a great feature. The artifact hunting system was taken from Clear Sky, they no longer appear on the floor; you have to go and look for them. This is great fun and adds to the things you can do in freeplay.

The story line is engrossing and the side missions play a huge part to the story ( some endings are based on side missions ).

Story: (Check top)

Audio: Once again GSC Game World has caputred the essence of a post apocalyptic life style within audio. The gun sounds are of good quality, atmospherics are amazing, and the mutant sounds are frightfully real.

Playability/Re-Playability: There is a considerable learning curve, especially if you're used to games where everything is given to you, or avaliable at low cost. You have to scavenge to survive in this game, and some would say that's a bad thing. Well you're an idiot. Ammo is expensive, and certain forms of ammo are rare, making you THINK before you try to take on a mission or obstacle. The controls are fine for anyone who has played an FPS before, and as for replayablity, like I said above, there are many endings meaning if you want them all, replaying is the best way.

Visuals: Some of the best graphics out on the market. No really.

Overall: If you like action horror games, with RPG elements twisted in in a way that makes it worth it, with atmospheric game play and a story line that is actually mildly believable, CoP is your game. However some things will only be understandable if you've played SoC, and you need a relatively good PC to run it on amazing graphics. However there is a benchmark you can get to see how well your PC would perform on the stalker site.

Rating: 9/10 [The graphic requirement lets it down by 1. But hell, I'm not complaining.][/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review author: Hugh [Gman]
    Age rating: 17+ [M in America]
    Genre: FPS/RPG
    Review: I love this game, Lots of weapons, armors, equips, etc. overall a great game.

Story Rating: 10/10 Very compelling, and characters have a lot of personality.
    Game rating: 10/10 great controls, many hidden items, etc.
    Playability / Re-Playability: 10/10, many different cinematic endings, and different routes.
    Graphics: 9/10 very nice graphics, dynamic fire, dynamic light, reflective surfaces, motion blurs, and nice textures.[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

Shadow of the Colossus
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS

Rating: T [Teen]
    Console: Playstation 2

Review
    : I've heard some people say that the game is a major bore fest, all you do is run around and look for giant monsters. Those people, are complete idiots, and missed the whole point of the game completely. In this game, you are trying to bring back a dead girl to life. The only way, is to defeat 16 total colossus that lurk in the vast land. You and your horse must travel around, and find the 16 colossus by the guide of your sword raised up to the light. The light will help guide you to each of the colossus. Sure, it can get boring at times, but the whole point of the game is to have fun fighting the colossus, not every single second of a game has to be a riot. Each Colossus has it's own unique way to defeat it. Some it's as simple as scaling the beasts. But a lot aren't, and that is what makes this game what it is.

Story: The story is quite simple, nothing too special here, but that way it's done is actually quite special.
    [3 thumbs up, 2 thumbs down]

Playability: The controls are very easy to get used to, but the scaling of the beasts can get a little clunky at times.
    [4 thumbs up, 1 thumb down]

Graphics: The graphics are actually good for it's time. Rating this would be hard, so I'm going to rate it as if I was playing this for the first time. The graphics are pretty good. The textures are OK, but the fur, and moss on the colossus are amazing, well done. Overall the look of the giants, are eye popping for it's time.

Audio
    : The sound effects are OK, the crunching noises are kin of bad, but no TOO bad. But the soundtrack, to this day, is one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard.

Re-Playability: In my opinion, it has a pretty high replay value if you liked it.
    Moderately High

Overall Review:
    This is is absolutely superb for this time of it's day. And to this day, is one of the greatest games of all time.
    But that's in my opinion. Each Colossus is jaw dropping. The looks, the design, the music, everything about each boss battle is accelerating.

Rating: 8/10

If you own a playstation 2, and you don't have this game, I would recommend you play this.[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

T - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    [spoiler:1vmq0og0]Review Author: [LeadingMan]Nigel
    Console: Multi-Platform
    Genre: Action-Adventure
    Rating: T for Teen(13+)
    Review:
    [center:1vmq0og0]Introduction[/center:1vmq0og0]
    Let me just start off by saying one thing: I love the movies, sure its 6hours of shitty acting and a shitty storyline covered up by fancy visuals and EXPLOSIONS but it's just so damn cool that I enjoy them anyway. About half a decade back the first Transformer game based on the movie(s) was released, I have never played it but from what I heard I didn't miss much. So in another attempt to take even more money from all the mindless [s:1vmq0og0]30[/s:1vmq0og0] 13 year old children who just want to see shit blow up we have [unfortunately] been blessed with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

[center:1vmq0og0]Story[/center:1vmq0og0]
    Im going to be frank with you, I have absolutely no idea what the story is about. I was lost after the first five minutes. Something about bird cages, finding Link's megaton hammer and Peter pan losing his ability to fly. Ok, ok that's probably not even close but it might as well be it was just full of crap that no one cares about so at that point you might as well fill in the story yourself. Its loosely based on the movies story but I am sure most of you know how that was.

Five thumbs down.(0/5)

[center:1vmq0og0]
    Art Direction/Graphics
    [/center:1vmq0og0]
    Oh hey look! A red building! Wait turn left its a slightly taller and slightly less red building. Oh boy what variety! The character models were ok, nothing spectacular.

Three thumbs up; Two thumbs down.(3/5)

[center:1vmq0og0]Gameplay:[/center:1vmq0og0]
    The actually game play is just a third-person shooter with no cover system. The games idea of cover is running like a little bitch to hide behind that slight less red building until your health regenerates. Cover isn't an issue though as you can rambo through the entire game with relative ease. It would be even easier if the aiming system wasn't so shit, of course this is piled upon an awkward control scheme which I cannot seem to change. There is auto lock on but the shitty controls stil make it impossible to aim straight. To shoot your press Right Trigger(360) however if you are not holding Left Trigger you go into vehicle mode which completely throws off your aim and sense of direction. I can't imagine the hell Wii owners have to go through. All the missions are either: Transport x to location y, kill all enemies, repair stuff while killing all enemies. You can choose to play as either the Decpticons or the Autobots which sounds good on paper but is poorly executed in the game. Both factions have pretty much the same missions and each robot feels exactly the same as another. Breakaway and Starscream are almost freaking clones I'm not lying search it up on Youtube why don't ya. There is online line play but its boring as shit and no one is ever on which reduces the replay value practically to 0. There is a little bit of replayabilty left as the missions reward you with better medals if you complete them faster, but those are only for time freaks most people won't care. Its not bad but its not good either.

[center:1vmq0og0]Bottom-line:[/center:1vmq0og0]
    If you're a Transformers fan you may enjoy this for a few hours, others... not as much. It has a few cool moments but they are small and too far few and in between. By no means its a terrible game, I mean go look up Rouge Warrior if you want to know what a truly bad game is. It has a good hour of fun in it but that's about it. Not bad but not great.
    Overall Score:

Three thumbs up; Two thumbs down.(3/5)[/spoiler:1vmq0og0]

U -

V -

W -

X -

Y -

Z -
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    «« forum rulesstaff teamforum search »»[/center:1o6efzo1]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Game Reviews - Submit your review(s) today!

If reviewing you must use this code.

Code:
    Spoiler:
    Review author: Console: Age rating: Genre: Review: Story Rating: Game rating: Playability / Re-Playability: Graphics: Overall:

That's not really your call in the least. If you don't want to use that template, don't. Ignore him, it doesn't matter.

I'll review S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl.

[spoiler:d1c5142o]Review author: Hugh
    Age rating: 17+ (M in America)
    Genre: FPS/RPG
    Review: I love this game, Lots of weapons, armors, equips, etc. overall a great game.

Story Rating: 10/10 Very compelling, and characters have a lot of personality.
    Game rating: 10/10 great controls, many hidden items, etc.
    Playability / Re-Playability: 10/10, many different cinematic endings, and different routes.
    Graphics: 9/10 very nice graphics, dynamic fire, dynamic light, reflective surfaces, motion blurs, and nice textures.

Overall: 10/10 [/spoiler:d1c5142o]

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
    [spoiler:2oz72b5h]Review Author: [LeadingMan]Nigel
    Console: Multi-Platform
    Genre: Action-Adventure
    Rating: T for Teen(13+)
    Review:
    [center:2oz72b5h]Introduction[/center:2oz72b5h]
    Let me just start off by saying one thing: I love the movies, sure its 6hours of shitty acting and a shitty storyline covered up by fancy visuals and EXPLOSIONS but it's just so damn cool that I enjoy them anyway. About half a decade back the first Transformer game based on the movie(s) was released, I have never played it but from what I heard I didn't miss much. So in another attempt to take even more money from all the mindless [s:2oz72b5h]30[/s:2oz72b5h] 13 year old children who just want to see shit blow up we have [unfortunately] been blessed with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

[center:2oz72b5h]Story[/center:2oz72b5h]
    Im going to be frank with you, I have absolutely no idea what the story is about. I was lost after the first five minutes. Something about bird cages, finding Link's megaton hammer and Peter pan losing his ability to fly. Ok, ok that's probably not even close but it might as well be it was just full of crap that no one cares about so at that point you might as well fill in the story yourself. Its loosely based on the movies story but I am sure most of you know how that was.

Five thumbs down.(0/5)

[center:2oz72b5h]
    Art Direction/Graphics
    [/center:2oz72b5h]
    Oh hey look! A red building! Wait turn left its a slightly taller and slightly less red building. Oh boy what variety! The character models were ok, nothing spectacular.

[center:2oz72b5h]Gameplay:[/center:2oz72b5h]
    The actually game play is just a third-person shooter with no cover system. The games idea of cover is running like a little bitch to hide behind that slight less red building until your health regenerates. Cover isn't an issue though as you can rambo through the entire game with relative ease. It would be even easier if the aiming system wasn't so shit, of course this is piled upon an awkward control scheme which I cannot seem to change. There is auto lock on but the shitty controls stil make it impossible to aim straight. To shoot your press Right Trigger(360) however if you are not holding Left Trigger you go into vehicle mode which completely throws off your aim and sense of direction. I can't imagine the hell Wii owners have to go through. All the missions are either: Transport x to location y, kill all enemies, repair stuff while killing all enemies. You can choose to play as either the Decpticons or the Autobots which sounds good on paper but is poorly executed in the game. Both factions have pretty much the same missions and each robot feels exactly the same as another. Breakaway and Starscream are almost freaking clones I'm not lying search it up on Youtube why don't ya. There is online line play but its boring as shit and no one is ever on which reduces the replay value practically to 0. There is a little bit of replayabilty left as the missions reward you with better medals if you complete them faster, but those are only for time freaks most people won't care. Its not bad but its not good either.

[center:2oz72b5h]Bottom-line:[/center:2oz72b5h]
    If you're a Transformers fan you may enjoy this for a few hours, others... not as much. It has a few cool moments but they are small and too far few and in between. By no means its a terrible game, I mean go look up Rouge Warrior if you want to know what a truly bad game is. It has a good hour of fun in it but that's about it. Not bad but not great.
    Overall Score:

Three thumbs up; Two thumbs down.(3/5)[/spoiler:2oz72b5h]

Unrelated: Fuck the template I'm a rebel.

LeadingManNigel, Gman, your reviews will be added.

I had to clue you used to be Huge, Gman.

Ha, yeah.

I was hopping to start fresh.

Devoted Veteran

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

[spoiler:1asfp2bt]Review Author: Firebird
    Genre: Action/Adventure

Storyline:
    You're sleeping in your bed, and you get some telepathic message from a girl that's been chained up in the dungeon of Hyrule Castle, probably doing some things she shouldn't be doing. After the message, you wake up and you see your uncle looking like he's about to fuck something up. He tells you to stay in bed, and walks out of the house sporting full battle armor. But, he's not your dad so you ignore him. You walk outside into the rain and follow a trail to Hyrule Castle, guided by the telepathic messages from that freaky chick. Once you find your way into the castle, your uncle is waiting there for you. Well, not really waiting-he's almost dead. He tells you to go save the girl, and he gives you a sword and shield. After you get through the castle, and a little boss fight, you save the girl from the prison cell.
    You then have to travel through the sewers that she brings you to, and you end up in a church. The priest there, who somehow knows everything, tells you that the wizard Aganhim has taken over the throne of Hyrule. But here's where shit gets real-the wizard is planning to break an ancient seal made by the Seven Sages. This seal seperates the Dark World, where Ganon is trapped, from the world of Hyrule, the world where Link just shat his pants. Aganhim was gonna break the seal by sending the descendants of the Seven Sages into the Dark World. Turns out, there's a pretty awesome sword out in the woods that can defeat Aganhim. But first, you must gather 3 magic pendants before you can pull the Master Sword from the stone. Once Link has gathered the pendants, you face the wizard Aganhim in battle (who has already sent all the descendants into Dark World), and once you defeat him, you're sent into the Dark World anyways, where everything is like a fucked up acid trip. To save Hyrule, you must rescue all of the seven descendants from castles spread throughout the Dark World. Once they're all freed, they use their power(which was somehow useless until now) to break the barrier around Ganon's Tower on Death Mountain. Yeah. Death Mountain.
    You fight that wizard again in the Tower, and once he's dead Ganon rises from his body, turns into a bat, and flies away.
    Following him to another tower, you have a badass rooftop finale where Link finally kills Ganon, touches the Triforce, and restores everything back to normal.

Overall:
    What I love about this game is the freedom to switch between worlds after obtaining the Magic Mirror; one of the many items you can get in the game, some being secret. There are also many side-quests you can do, as well. There's still some things I'd never figured out in this game; it's pretty damn big. The artwork and scenery in it are wonderful, as are the music and gameplay. I'd recommend this game to
    anyone-Zelda fan or not.
    [/spoiler:1asfp2bt]

Word, one of my favorite games, and one of the best games out there. Thanks for submitting a review, man.

Here's mine for Mother 3 (or I guess you could technically call it "Earthbound 2")

[spoilerudlofdm]Review author: Shad
    Console: GBA
    Review: The game is an RPG where you take control of about 6-8 main characters: Lucas, Flint (father of Lucas and his brother Claus), Duster (A thief), Salsa (a monkey), Kumatora (A tomboyish princess) and Boney, (Flint's dog). The story is placed on a group of islands called the Nowhere Islands, and on these islands is a little village called Tazmily Village, where the game starts out. Lucas, Claus and their mother, Hinawa, go to visit Hinawa's father Alec. After a couple days and a brief introduction to the game's playing style, the group decide that it's time to go back home. A horrible thing happens on the way, though, as a group of soldiers called 'Pig-masks' start taking over the forest near Tazmily Village and start using the wildlife as guinea-pigs to create cyborg monstrosities. One of these monstrosities happens to attack the group, and that's when everything starts to go terribly wrong.

The game's combat style is turn-based, similar to a ton of RPGs out there. There are a couple of key features that make it different from the rest, though, such as the 'music combo' system where hitting the attack button to the beat of the music allows you to combo your attacks, which can REALLY help. Also, every character, besides Lucas and Kumatora who share the PSI abilities, have their own personal abilities. Duster has thief tools, Flint has 'Macho powers', Salsa has Dancing, Boney has 'Sniff', which tells you the stats of your enemies and Lucas and Kumatora has PSI. This game also doesn't fuck around, and can be REALLY hard at times. This game requires a lot of strategy and sometimes a bit of luck to get through some boss battles. All in all, I think this game is awesome, and you should at least give it a try.

Story: 5/5. the story really is amazing. There is a lot of things that happen and a lot of interesting characters. Pokey (Porky) also comes back from Earthbound, and he's probably one of the more interesting villains I've seen in a game. In the middle of the game, many settings in the game change quite drastically as well, which adds a lot to the huge changes that you see going on during the course of the game.

Gameplay: 4.5/5. Now don't get me wrong, the gameplay in this game is amazing. I had a few problems with it, though. the 'music combo' system is VERY hard to get used to, and honestly, you don't really need it. Also, some of the characters feel a bit underwhelming, such as Salsa. Those may seem really nit-picky, and they probably are, but I still feel that these are problems and that they needed to be adressed.

Re-Playability: 3/5. Honestly, there's no real reason to play this game after you've beaten it once. There's only one ending, and the only thing the 'new game+' does is that it gives Kumatora and Lucas every PSI ability. Honestly, this is probably the only place where the game is shaky.

Graphics: 5/5. I am really a fan of the graphic styling in this game. I think it looks really nice, and totally fits the style of the game. Contrary to what the graphics will make you think, though, this game can have it's dark moments too.

Sound: 5/5. I really have to address the sound in this game. Few games can make me actually WANT to go out and track down its music, and along with it's predecessor, Earthbound, Mother 3 makes me want to track down this music too. This has to be some of the best sound I've heard on the GBA. Pokey's theme is possibly one of the greatest melodies ever, and the only thing better then the original is the remix of it in the battle against Pokey. The music kind of helps to play on the creepy idea that you're basically fighting an old man who has the physique and brain of the kid he was back in Earthbound. Mad props to the sound designer.

Overall: 4.5/5. This game really is a must try, IMO. Some may not like how slow it starts out, the styling of the graphics, or the difficulty. However, for people that like RPGs that reward strategy, colorful, vibrant locales and a great story with some good twists, they will probably want to play through this at least once. [/spoilerudlofdm]
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast