Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Hmm

Hmm

I was just playing Crono Trigger, I started a new character, got to 600 AD and went to the inn. A guy called Toma walked in, he appeared to be an explorer and I couldn't help but wonder,
    Could he be one of Crono's ancestors?
    It's possible, Toma having an adventurous nature and all, as does Crono in the game.

Looks like we have a mystery on our hands.
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Re: Hmm

I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no relation. There would have been more hints or context if the two were related. Toma is not even really that significant. You only need him for clues to find the Rainbow shell, and for the 'Toma's Pop' later in the game. Also, they look nothing alike:

Official Toma artwork

Official Crono artwork

Toma also has another ancestor later in the game, Toma XIII, and that character is even less significant than Toma.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

@Crono
    I don't think it matters that they don't look anything alike, there is 400 years between them after all. And maybe the developers didn't make Toma that important because they wanted people to just brush him aside without a second thought. Maybe they wanted people to think.

I dunno, it was just a thought.
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    @Crono
    I don't think it matters that they don't look anything alike, there is 400 years between them after all. And maybe the developers didn't make Toma that important because they wanted people to just brush him aside without a second thought. Maybe they wanted people to think.

I personally think that you're thinking a bit too much.

You'll notice in older RPG's if characters are related, they usually look alike. Magus has the same hair as his sister, Schala. Queen Leene and Princess Nadia look a lot alike, and they're 400 years apart. Toma and Toma XIII both look the same.

Not trying to shoot down your idea here. Just saying it's probably completely false, but hey, thinking openly about characters like you're doing is fun.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam
    @Crono

I personally think that you're thinking a bit too much.

You'll notice in older RPG's if characters are related, they usually look alike. Magus has the same hair as his sister, Schala. Queen Leene and Princess Nadia look a lot alike, and they're 400 years apart. Toma and Toma XIII both look the same.

Not trying to shoot down your idea here. Just saying it's probably completely false, but hey, thinking openly about characters like you're doing is fun.
    I see what you mean now, you have a point. Tocuhe.

And yeah, I agree with you on thinking openly about characters. It is rather enjoyable.

500 years ago, someone enjoyed eating. I do too. He must be my ancestor.