Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Windows 7 Phone

Devoted Veteran

Windows 7 Phone

[center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Re: Windows 7 Phone

This actually looks a lot better than the iPhone. Mind you everything that comes from apple is overpriced shit in neat boxes.

Can't wait, hopefully it wont be too expensive.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Looks nice from the pictures, but I won't like it if I can't change what buttons I have and can see on the main page.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAnimator
    Looks nice from the pictures, but I won't like it if I can't change what buttons I have and can see on the main page.
    I'm... pretty sure you can, although I admittedly haven't read too much about it. Also, here's a demo video.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/wind ... pressions/

I'm not a huge fan of the long time it takes to make transitions to applications, but I assume it's just a byproduct of it being in its alpha stage. I like the direction of moving away from 'aps' and more toward displaying data and things you care about, although it'll probably end up appealing more to geeks and less to the mainstream market. Oh well, it'll give me one more reason to piss on apple.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

no shaded icons, no faux 3D or drop shadows, no busy backgrounds (no backgrounds at all), and very little visual flair besides clean typography and transition animations.
    It seems like Windows is now taking a lot of design choices from the 70-80s. Their phone shapes, the looks of their programs and functions, everything is looking simple (aka retro).

I'm happy to see this, as it will definitely be easier on the phone itself. Browsing through menus is probably going to be very fast, easy, the phone probably won't even stutter when shifting through a multitude of menus. With this ease, the phone will probably be able to devote more resources to important programs. Glad to see this. Being a Windows user with a shi-shi-shitty computer (I'm running the '98 theme now to save on resources) I would love to have a seamless, efficient phone with no lag.

Note: I'm not saying the iPod has lag and shit, I'm just happy to see a phone that can devote more of it's resources to the more important features - information, communication.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

Looks pretty good so far, hope they don't make major changes that make the design ugly in the final release.

It looks a lot better than the I Phone In my opinion,
    I knew that Bill Gates would not stand Apple beating Microsoft lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emperor
    no shaded icons, no faux 3D or drop shadows, no busy backgrounds (no backgrounds at all), and very little visual flair besides clean typography and transition animations.
    It seems like Windows is now taking a lot of design choices from the 70-80s. Their phone shapes, the looks of their programs and functions, everything is looking simple (aka retro).

I'm happy to see this, as it will definitely be easier on the phone itself. Browsing through menus is probably going to be very fast, easy, the phone probably won't even stutter when shifting through a multitude of menus. With this ease, the phone will probably be able to devote more resources to important programs. Glad to see this. Being a Windows user with a shi-shi-shitty computer (I'm running the '98 theme now to save on resources) I would love to have a seamless, efficient phone with no lag.

Note: I'm not saying the iPod has lag and shit, I'm just happy to see a phone that can devote more of it's resources to the more important features - information, communication.
    I run the Windows Classic theme on my computer, but that's because I like the way it looks. =\ Though I do agree with you, since my phone is really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaPivotGOD
    It looks a lot better than the I Phone In my opinion,
    I knew that Bill Gates would not stand Apple beating Microsoft lol.
    Apple never beat microsoft. The world's technology IS microsoft.

Looks really good so far.

I might get one when they are released, if they are not too expensive.