Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver

Remakes of (imo) the best Pokemon games of the series. One of the most nostalgic games of my childhood is coming back as a remake for DS. If you've played the new DS game, think of that in the area of Jhoto / Kanto. There's an olympics-type minigame coming with it, as well as a Pokewalker (much like the one that counted volts in Pokemon Yellow).

I'm psyched, first Pokemon game since the original Gold/Silver that I've looked forward to playing.

The promo figuring isn't great quality, but it's nifty. I'm sure I'll be painting over it and touching it up now and again. It's also pretty tiny.
    [tn=400:suo7pf2c]http://pimp.darkdemon.org/5712/1267408313.jpg[/tn:suo7pf2c]
    [tn=400:suo7pf2c]http://pimp.darkdemon.org/5712/1267408885.jpg[/tn:suo7pf2c]
    [tn=400:suo7pf2c]http://pimp.darkdemon.org/5712/1267408358.jpg[/tn:suo7pf2c]
    http://pimp.darkdemon.org/5712/1267408326.jpg
    What are your opinions? Think you'll skip this remake of an aged generation? Or are you ready to dive back into a classic?
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Re: Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver

I can't wait to get Soul Silver (Lugia ftw). I mainly want to get it for the nostalgia. I hope it isn't a let down though.
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Fanatic Enthusiast

I've been following this since about August last year, played a little bit of the Jap version, it ain't all that bad. You can get skins for the Pokegear and whatnot. I was gonna get the English version for my R4 (comes out in a week or so right?) but I managed to mis-place my charger. So I'm fucked. Or I'll have to buy a new one >_>

I think I made a thread about this a while ago... Anyway, I'll be sure to get Soul Silver when they come out.

Devoted Veteran

Looks like fun but I just can't see myself spending actual money on another pokemon game. I've invested more money in pokemon over the years than about anything else, and it's not something I'm necessarily proud of

(not to mention the awkward checkout when the chick at walmart is all like, why are you buying this, you have chest hair, etc)
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

I really need to get a working DS emu... a working DS, totally. And then buy the games on the internet for free... and use the working DS to play them... on my PC... yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    I really need to get a working DS emu... a working DS, totally. And then buy the games on the internet for free... and use the working DS to play them... on my PC... yes.
    Lol, well said.

I'll be purchasing one of the game upon their release. Not sure which one yet, I still need to find out which Pokemon are limited to which game, etc.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Veteran Enthusiast

After paying money for Platinum I refuse to pay for another game until the battles are actually animated.

^You like the animations? They're one of the features I'd love to click off. It takes like 10 seconds just to start a pokemon battle now.

I can see where you're going with platinum, but that's how every generation has been. 2 main games (red/blue) then a game released later that "expands" while barely doing anything (yellow). But this one's going back to two regions, and every map/area is updated with new graphics and shit. Psyched
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

I haven't played pokemon in ages, also I have never completed gold/silver so I will definitely be getting this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast