Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Portal: Project-Beta Demo

Portal: Project-Beta for those who are living under a rock, is just like Black Mesa, it is a game built from the ground up to recreate the beta that was never released for the game Portal which has spawned a game and a sequel due out in late 2010 to early 2011.

The game features new levels that were shown in the teaser and the trailer for the game Portal, will feature new textures, and various other object, but getting to what this thread's intention is.

Well, for those who haven't seen this, http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-projec ... -beta-demo is for the demo of the game, which is expected in Q4 of 2010.

I just got done playing it and for its length, it's a very fun and fairly more challenging game than what Portal actually was.

Discuss.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Re: Portal: Project-Beta Demo

Quote Originally Posted by ChAoZ
    Portal: Project-Beta for those who are living under a rock
    You mean for those who don't use steam and/or aren't heavily into the gaming scene, you stupid emo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    You mean for those who don't use steam and/or aren't heavily into the gaming scene, you stupid emo.
    No, for those who don't use the damn ModDB community and other sites like Youtube.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Stupid pricks assuming we have a pre-existing installation of Half-Life.

I'll have to check youtube for this one.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    No, for those who don't use the damn ModDB community and other sites like Youtube.

So why didn't you say that then? HURRRRRR

Not stand-alone = instant fail.

Ergo, it's shit regardless of how good it is (and I fucking love Portal so I imagine it's pretty sweet). The trailer levels sucked, though, relying on time-based puzzles and some really crazy-confusing puzzle design. I remember watching the trailer and thinking Portal was going to suck because it'd be too hard based on that last weird-ass puzzle in the trailer. I was very pleased to see that the actual game relied a lot more on planning and thinking ahead rather than reflexes. It does sound like lot of fun, though.

MEn

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Not stand-alone = instant fail.

Ergo, it's shit regardless of how good it is (and I fucking love Portal so I imagine it's pretty sweet). The trailer levels sucked, though, relying on time-based puzzles and some really crazy-confusing puzzle design. I remember watching the trailer and thinking Portal was going to suck because it'd be too hard based on that last weird-ass puzzle in the trailer. I was very pleased to see that the actual game relied a lot more on planning and thinking ahead rather than reflexes. It does sound like lot of fun, though.
    Yeah, Portal was extremely fun when I first played it. After I listened to the commentary, it flabbergasted me at how much play testing was needed to make sure the level design wasn't bizarre and to make everything easy to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by cold_sausage
    tht is a 2 word post pls add more 2 yor comment or i will report you to the mods

i dun think this is real just fake