Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF XIII: Y/N?

FF XIII: Y/N?

I'm considering buying Final Fantasy XIII for the 360 after watching/reading a few reviews. I've pretty much got the same verdicts from all the reviews I've encountered. Great game-play, awesome production value, but linear.

I want a few opinions from casual gamers, like you guys, before I go out and buy it. So if you've played it/beaten it; what did you think? Is it worth the buy?
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: FF XIII: Y/N?

Also interested.

While it may take 50 hours to complete the game, after you`re done with it, I doubt you will want to play again. Of course, the graphics and cinematic are things you can jerk on.

The good point of the game is the new combat system, which you have to think faster with the new paradigm shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Ytse Jam
    While it may take 50 hours to complete the game, after you`re done with it, I doubt you will want to play again. Of course, the graphics and cinematic are things you can jerk on.

The good point of the game is the new combat system, which you have to think faster with the new paradigm shift.
    Finally, thanks for commenting man. Much appreciated, I'm sure Chimaera feels the same. I'd like a few more opinions.

M G
    Fanatic Enthusiast

My rich-ass friend got it a week or two ago, and is loving it. It has some strange moments, like a girl who smacks enemies with a fishing rod or something like that, but the graphics and gameplay are 100% stunning. He wouldn't stop going on about it, plus the campaign on the xbox was like, 4 discs long. I personally haven't seen much but from what I can tell it is worth it. I suppose I could give you a more reliable review or opinion on the game I had played it, but for now that's all I personally know.

stay legend

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

If your looking for a great story and huge explorable environments this isn't your game. If you like intense strategic game play,and amazing graphics to go with it then you must get this game.

Fuck no. The fact that there's Final Fantasy in the title really should've tipped you off.

Pre-Ordered the game being a typical fanboy, and I enjoyed the first cut scene and thought the first battle was awesome! Then tragedy struck. The victory theme is different than all 27 other games. And yes, despite the cool combat system and the beautiful graphics, it is rather linear. I recommend to non hardcore fans to rent it if possible.

Damon,
    lose the hate.

I think 13 is too much.
    [center:35dbpjta]Stop looking at my sig do something useful.[/center:35dbpjta]

Aight, fuck it, I'm not going to get it. Sounds lame. I'll leave this thread open because Chimaera was also interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast