Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Brink

The Brink

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-10-brink/63040

This has to be one of the most impressive game trailers I have seen. Can't wait this baby to be released

There isn't much information about the game yet, but apparently it's a futuristic FPS game that very clearly uses parkour to move through terrain.

Re: The Brink

Hmm, I'm not so sure. I was hoping it would be a realistically futuristic game- not something that looks like borderlands. Although I'm really REALLY not keen on that graphical style, this does look like a good game and I fucking bum games that have parkour so I'll probably pick this up.

Any more info? Like beta / release dates? If the trailer was released in Q1 probably wont be out until next year :/

It's just Brink. It's about two sides, "Resistance" and "Security", who fight in the outskirts of a utopian city called The Ark, a floating city surrounded by the waters of a flooded Earth. The Ark was designed as a prototype of a perfect city, with renewable resources and no pollution, large enough to support 5,000 residents. Its population has grown to 50,000 however, leading it to the brink (hence the name of the game) of a civil war.

You use SMART, (Smooth Movement Across Random Terrain) Freerunning System to get around.
    "In a similar manner to Mirror’s Edge, SMART lets players maneuver around environments in dynamic and unique ways all based on player position and immediate need. It has a story mode which can be played cooperatively online in missions with up to 8 players. Players can create custom characters with additional rewards bought with experience points. When joining a game, the player replaces an AI fighter."
    [youtube:1f60tpzv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwU0rKEhMJ8[/youtube:1f60tpzv]

moving around looks kinda clumsy and unresponsive
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Aw great. The animations and gameplay looks like killzone 2, which is fucking shit. I hate the way the gun flails around like that when you walk, and the way the camera moves backwards when you sprint, and the way the headbobbing is unrealistically retarded.

I hate it when game developers do that. MW2 animations were great. BFBC2 and KZ2 animations sucked and this is just the same.

Wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. If it comes out for PC I'll probably torrent it- if it's console only I wont get it.

This looks to be a decent game. I like the idea of using parkour and free running in a FPS. That will be fun to play around with. I'm not even sure if I'll actually purchase the game, though.
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Aw great. The animations and gameplay looks like killzone 2, which is fucking shit. I hate the way the gun flails around like that when you walk, and the way the camera moves backwards when you sprint, and the way the headbobbing is unrealistically retarded.

I hate it when game developers do that. MW2 animations were great. BFBC2 and KZ2 animations sucked and this is just the same.

Wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. If it comes out for PC I'll probably torrent it- if it's console only I wont get it.
    I totally agree with you.
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Oh, this game looks sick. I love how Bethesda is trying its hand a new things. After watching the video, I think the combat looks pretty smooth. I loved how the player slide to cover and stuff. I also like the kit idea, seems like it fits well. I'll probably be purchasing this game, or at least playing it.

As for the preview, holy shit. Never seen a game preview that good.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    «« forum rulesstaff teamforum search »»[/center:1o6efzo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Crono
    Oh, this game looks sick. I love how Bethesda is trying its hand a new things. After watching the video, I think the combat looks pretty smooth. I loved how the player slide to cover and stuff. I also like the kit idea, seems like it fits well. I'll probably be purchasing this game, or at least playing it.

Bethesda didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Quote Originally Posted by Crono

Bethesda didn't make it.
    Ah, disregard my remark towards Bethesda then.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    «« forum rulesstaff teamforum search »»[/center:1o6efzo1]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast