Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Building a new PC

I've been able to save up a budget of about $800 to get a new computer. From what I've heard it's a lot cheaper to build a better computer than to buy a prebuilt one, and I've also heard that it's not very difficult to build one yourself. My dilemma is that I really don't know what parts to get since there's so many and I have no clue if they'd be compatible with each other. Could you guys help me out and suggest me what parts to get and everything? I'll be buying pretty much all the parts from Newegg.com.

I've already searched around a bit and this is what I've been suggested.
    [tn=400:33qqs3g9]http://myfiles.darkdemon.org/13951/1271645489.jpg[/tn:33qqs3g9]

What do you think? Is it good?

Also, I don't know whether this fits more on the Help Center. You decide.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Building a new PC

You definitely need a quad core. Also, that case sucks. I'm using it right now and I hate it. For about the same price you can get an Antec 300 (or Antec 300 Illusion) and for around $100 I would recommend the Coolermaster 690 II Advancded.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103808

Everything else looks good.

Looks fine, but like LA said, you should really try getting a quadcore. It's probably worth compromising your graphics card a bit (maybe going down a few models) to make money for the quad core.

h4x0r

If you need a quad core go with the AMD Phenom II X4 955

Good price, fast speeds, and it's only 159$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819103674

I would also suggest you buy yourself a quadcore, i would but i don't have enough money to get one so I'm stuck with a dualcore.
    [center:1a8tztwm][/center:1a8tztwm]

The HD 5770 is very good as well, and it costs half the price of the 5870, more than enough money to buy a top-of-the-line quad core. As everyone else said, the rest looks good.

Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna try out the 5770 and use the saved money for the Quad core then, and I'll check out the other cases. Just another question though, I don't need anything else that isn't on that picture I posted aside from a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, right?

Quote Originally Posted by pillow
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm gonna try out the 5770 and use the saved money for the Quad core then, and I'll check out the other cases. Just another question though, I don't need anything else that isn't on that picture I posted aside from a monitor, keyboard, and mouse, right?
    If the case you're getting doesn't come with a PSU you're gonna want one of them too. All the components come with the required cables.

Enthusiast

Alright so I went on Newegg to update the list and here's what I got. I apologize for the letters being so small, that was the only way I could get it all to fit in there.
    [tn=400:245c3z8d]http://myfiles.darkdemon.org/13951/1271817948.jpg[/tn:245c3z8d]
    Only $806.88 plus $12.46 for shipping. Wohoo!

Although I am a bit confused about you saying I need to get a PSU along with the case though, because isn't CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX listed in there already a PSU? Why would I need to get another one?

h4x0r

A 650w one should be completely fine, why do you have 2 lol?

Nice looking rig, good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast