Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monster Hunter 3 Tri

Yeah, so I saw somepeople talking about it on the 'Wii decent graphics' thread.
    I haven't actually got the game, but I'm getting it soon. I hear it has pretty good online. So we could set up some games and stuff.
    So yeah, MH3 stuff goes here

-... .- - - .-.. . --.. --- -. .
    "The longest, most intense first-person shooter animation in all of Pivot history..."
    726 frames - and I'm still animating the prologue

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Tri

Now avalable for pre-order
    Splinter cell Conviction FTW!!!

^It's already out...

I might trade a few of my shitty games in and get it, idk.

Devoted Veteran

The combat looks clunky and the graphics are still mediocre by todays standards.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

It'd be great if the combat could be closer to that of GOW's. You know, a much more streamlined experience. The graphics are the best that have been pumped out of the Wii, with smooth animations and many great looking environments.

I'm enjoying it so far. It's definitely more boring than FFCC:CB, but still a fun play.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

I've ordered it and a few of my friends are getting it so it should be a pretty good play. I really liked the ones on the PSP and this seems to top them, so yeah.

Fanatic Enthusiast

I can't go on how much I love this series.

MH1 for the PS2 was, by far, the best, but the PSP versions almost lived up to it with the new monsters.

If my brother was correct, they removed the velociprey, Plesioth, and a few more classic monsters, which makes me very, very sad, but I'm still going to get this ASAP.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Almost all the classics have been removed. The only consistent ones are Aptonoth, Kelbi, Diablos, Rathalos and Rathian. Sure, some of the monsters bear resemblances to previous ones but none of them are carbon copies. The original wyverns even have new movesets; Rathian can do a backflip from hovering now and has some crazy AOE rage fireblast that killed my ass the first time I saw it.

Also, Switch Axe is awesome, murdered Gigginox and Lagiacrus with it yesterday. Underwater fighting is cool because the camera is dynamic instead of static.

Monster Hunter will go under the radar because it's too esoteric. You can't pick it up and play - you have to use a lot of patience and that is something a lot of gamers are ready to forego in order to play easier games.
    The only gripe I have with Tri is that the 'right stick' on the classic controller can change the vertical angle too easily on land and it fucks up combat if I accidentally adjust and have to readjust the camera whilst dragon-diving a Barroth rage-charge.
    Elite Forgotten

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    Almost all the classics have been removed. The only consistent ones are Aptonoth, Kelbi, Diablos, Rathalos and Rathian. Sure, some of the monsters bear resemblances to previous ones but none of them are carbon copies. The original wyverns even have new movesets; Rathian can do a backflip from hovering now and has some crazy AOE rage fireblast that killed my ass the first time I saw it.

Also, Switch Axe is awesome, murdered Gigginox and Lagiacrus with it yesterday. Underwater fighting is cool because the camera is dynamic instead of static.

Monster Hunter will go under the radar because it's too esoteric. You can't pick it up and play - you have to use a lot of patience and that is something a lot of gamers are ready to forego in order to play easier games.
    The only gripe I have with Tri is that the 'right stick' on the classic controller can change the vertical angle too easily on land and it fucks up combat if I accidentally adjust and have to readjust the camera whilst dragon-diving a Barroth rage-charge.
    Well damn, I sure will miss the classic monsters, but I guess new ones is what gives it that edge over the other games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast